it finally happened!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Fully pedigreed netherlands! The doe lost the first 2 litters but as of a few hours ago she had 2 healthy pinks and a blue or black. I'm also so happy about the pinks since I bred her to my himi so she carries a recessive c locus gene despite none on her pedigree and I can get sables out of her by my sable buck! Hopefully she will care for them given this is her 3rd attempt and I was going to discuss trading her for another doe with the breeder if I don't get healthy surviving kits this time. I will get pics when it's actually morning here. I kind of never fell asleep last night. Medication review time.

We are up to 4 and she's still acting twitchy so I haven't pulled out her box to check them further and get pics.

Congrats Akane,
and HAPPY Friday the 13TH! SEE good things DO happen on Friday the 13TH!
What's with all this "BAD LUCK" propaganda!?
Your Doe done GOOD!
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

4 little kits. No blues unless one of the himis is. The odds of genetics... On my black doe this buck threw 4 blues and 2 black and on a blue doe so far I see no blue. They do appear to be fed and she acted concerned when I took them out but just sniffed them when I returned them and went back to munching hay so I think this litter might be a success. She can be a bit of a spastic doe at times so I was little worried when she finally got a litter she would do something dumb.

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

So cute little wigglies! I had my best ND pair have their first litter 3 kits, 2 peanuts that died by day two and one little orange, betting for a doe.
Good luck I can't wait to see more pic's as they get more fuzz.

Eyes just opened on the fluffballs
DSCN0930.jpg

DSCN0932.jpg

DSCN0935.jpg

Hana has chilled a lot. She would run herself silly in her cage when we got her and then she was all concerned if anyone was near her nest box. Today she just chilled (with her butt in her potty corner) while I stole her kits, took pictures, and returned them.
DSCN0939.jpg

Adorable,i only have two live babies.one doe on her first litter had 6 but pulled no fur we lost them all.several does were not pregnant.the two live ones are torts,everything bred too my blue buck didnt take.

Troublesome little fuzzballs. They can climb now
DSCN0958.jpg

DSCN0959.jpg

Downside of this cage design (great for keeping bucks from peeing out) is there's nowhere to hang things that little ones can reach
DSCN0960.jpg

Latest posts

Back