It came back to life!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMTex

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
One of my first time bunnies kindled yesterday while I was at work. I don't know how long the kits were there, but they were cold, rather stiff and not moving. The doe didn't pull any fur and some of the kits had been stomped. She had 10 kits and 9 were in the nestbox with one on the wire.

When I saw them, I grabbed the nestbox and ran inside the house. I felt for the least stiff kit and held it in my hands to warm it up while the water from the kitchen faucet warmed up. My hands are generally very warm. The kit moved its little front feet ever so slightly. I put it under the running water when it warmed up and the kit came to life. It was breathing and sticking its tongue out as if to feed.

The rest of them didn't make it, but the feeling was just awesome having a kit come back to life in my hands. :D

I fostered it to another mama doe and hope it's doing ok today. I rebred the first timer to the same buck last night after fostering the kit. I hope 10 kits is a norm for her.

Good job on saving the baby. Hope she does better with her next litter. Definitely glad you had another momma to foster to.

Congrats on saving the kit! Hope she gives you a nice big litter next time. :good-luck:

Latest posts

Back