Is this wetness around her eye something to worry about?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwolff644

Reaction score
She has had this wetness for a few days now. Is this something to worry about? I just started raising rabbits, and I feel almost like a new father freaking out over every little thing.

Attachments

• 11328807_10153212698801655_872260683_n.jpg
    11328807_10153212698801655_872260683_n.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 339
I personally think that wetness looks suspicious. It looks kind of 'goopy', like it might even have some yellow in it. Could be a simple bacterial infection of the eye duct (although I don't see any swelling), or a scratched cornea or some other irritant. I believe most people will recommend that you start by wiping the eye with a wet teabag, then maybe applying some terramycin ointment for a few days (terramycin can be ordered online). Let other folks chime in, but that would be my suggestion.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. .you can get terramycin at feed stores..probably pet stores too..use it for 9 days. Twice daily. If there is an infection that should do the trick..it looks like the edges are irritated..but that could be from her rubbing it..
A warm teabag compress should sooth it. But if you see any discharge or of it is crusty get the ointment. .
Oh and welcome to the wonderful stressful world of rabbits! <br /><br /> __________ Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:17 pm __________ <br /><br /> I am worried about this bun..anybody got any other ideas???

Latest posts

Back