Is this buck harlequinized?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuddyFarms

Reaction score
I have a young Rex buck that I am trying to determine if he is harlequinized or not. He is amber-colored, but the pics don't show that very well. He has very even color throughout his body, but on his front feet he has some stripes almost alternating between amber and the cream like on his belly. Usually, I can tell if one of the kits is harlequinized, but this guy is tricky. Two other bucks I have are also harlequinized, and I have one castor buck pictured here for reference. The castor buck has blue swirled on his belly and the 'stripes' on the front feet, but the amber buck does not have any swirling on the belly. The other one (not pictured) is an opal and only has the 'stripes' on his front feet. The castor and opal bucks threw tris and harles in their litters, although I never guessed the opal was harlequinized.

Can the harlequin gene show up just as stripes on the front feet?

Amber Buck-1.jpg

Castor Buck-1.jpg

Castor Buck-2.jpg

Bummer! Thanks for the confirmation. I was hoping to get one solid out of the litter, but it looks like the harle gene is sneaking into everything!

Back