Is there a "free" online pedigree program?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
My wife was told that there is a free online pedigree program where we can keep track of our litters.

I can't seem to find anything via Google. Is there really such a thing, and if so, what's the catch that it's free?

Thank you.

Sagebrush":2s9wirow said:
The one I have been using is Kintraks.com. I am thinking of going to the full program only because the free version only lets you keep 60 animals in it. The full version is unlimited amount of animals.

really? o_O????? I use (and love) the free version but mine lets me have 100. I want to go to full when I sell these litters because I'm up to like 92 on my Mini Rex database.

Sagebrush":1hdsxfor said:
The one I have been using is Kintraks.com. I am thinking of going to the full program only because the free version only lets you keep 60 animals in it. The full version is unlimited amount of animals.

When you say "60" does that mean if I take 1 rabbit own, and add their pedigree with 3 generations prior (14 rabbits) then that will count as 15 rabbits (1+14)?

If so, that REALLY stinks!

I started using Kintraks last night and entered all the information into it. I sure hope I haven't used 15 of the 60 available.

I am not sure. I only own 28 rabbits, I have 58 in the database thanks to the peds. I will try contacting the software people and see if the other rabbits count against the number allowed or not. I will let you know what they say though. <br /><br /> -- Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 am -- <br /><br /> Well I just found out that with the free version on Windows 7 and 8 we now have 100 animals available to us. Still trying to get the answers about the ped rabbits though.

Yes, there is a free online pedigree program. You will have to email Kim & Tim for a logon name and password. There is a real good help link on the logon screen that explains their system. http://ephiny.net/tim/pedigrees/login.php It's an online system that you can save pedigrees on your computer in pdf or just print them and leave them on the system computer.

edit: I keep seeing some of the members here talk about limits to how many they can put in the program they are using. The one I told you about there are no limits. Plus there is a breeder directory they maintain you can enter your info for free too. And then there's "Genetics Color Calculator" for those like me that have no clue. :lol: It's a site worth looking over.

jimmywalt":yejdz6y3 said:
When you say "60" does that mean if I take 1 rabbit own, and add their pedigree with 3 generations prior (14 rabbits) then that will count as 15 rabbits (1+14)?

I started using Kintraks last night and entered all the information into it. I sure hope I haven't used 15 of the 60 available.

Yes, it counts the rabbits on the pedigree towards your "total" But it's free and a good program so why is that sucky?

dangerbunny":3d2zmswc said:
jimmywalt":3d2zmswc said:

Yes, it counts the rabbits on the pedigree towards your "total" But it's free and a good program so why is that sucky?

I tend to agree. While it IS kinda sucky, its free. But hopefully soon I'll be able to upgrade to full... (meaning hopefully by the next breeding)

Bonsaikazui":1cqllkdu said:
For online and free try http://www.pedigree-app.com. It is free for current applicants because the website is still in development.

This one looks pretty cool, but I'm worried that it only stores the information online. What if the developer removes his/her server??? Then all our information is forever lost????

I would like something that I can back up to my pc or some other device.

:) <br /><br /> -- Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:25 pm -- <br /><br />
dangerbunny":1cqllkdu said:

It's too bad that it counts every parent/grandparent in a pedigree. It won't take any time at all to hit the 60 or 100.

How much is the "paid" version?

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back