Introducing TINY

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Biscuit still blows a bit of blood, but seems to be improving.
Since I was out checking on her I thought I'd take one of her littles out to the house for a bit.

This is TINY. :)

Tiny was born the second smallest in a litter of 13. I stuck her and sibling (now deceased) in with a polish litter three days older. They were the same size. :)

Tiny is just barely the same size as the polish kits (one is bigger).

She is nicely typed even though she a bit on the scrawny side. So we'll see how she grows.

Tiny has ALWAYS been a high energy bunny. Eats and drinks well but wears it all off in exploration. I put the nestbox on it's side when she was 10 days old because she simply would not stay in it. And it wasn't mom's fault. just a very very busy girlie.

Oct82011007.jpg

with foster sibs
Oct82011009.jpg

with full sibs
Oct82011013.jpg

with a silly lad
Oct82011006.jpg

a very brief snuggle
Oct82011004.jpg

could YOU resist this face?
Oct82011002.jpg

mom is biscuit a 1/2 harlequin who shows well her part-flemmy roots (big doe more mandolin shaped than commercial).

ladysown":1bvpiztb said:
Biscuit still blows a bit of blood, but seems to be improving.
Since I was out checking on her I thought I'd take one of her littles out to the house for a bit.

This is TINY. :)

could YOU resist this face?
Oct82011002.jpg

mom is biscuit a 1/2 harlequin who shows well her part-flemmy roots (big doe more mandolin shaped than commercial).

AAACCCKKK!!!! Tiny is super adorable!!! My blood sugar just went thru the roof...LOL!

i am sometimes simply amazed at how some bunnies can survive and others simply don't. Tiny had no more advantages in life than her slightly smaller sib. yet it died, and she is living. I don't know why she feels scrawny other than the fact that she is SO very busy. But she is thriving and that's all that really matters.

ladysown":1d344ey4 said:
i am sometimes simply amazed at how some bunnies can survive and others simply don't. Tiny had no more advantages in life than her slightly smaller sib. yet it died, and she is living. I don't know why she feels scrawny other than the fact that she is SO very busy. But she is thriving and that's all that really matters.

Yup, I have one that got out of the nest box and got chilled. Popped him back in, and the next day he got out again and one of the new kittens had evidently snagged him with a paw and pulled him out of the cage. I found him on the ground, several feet from the cage with ants on him. There was a second one that this happened to as well, but that one died and this one did not. We have named him Houdini and he will stay here with us, since he seems to be a real survivor. He is the smallest of his litter, but at 12wks it is only about 1/2lb difference. I want to keep his hearty genes in the pool!

Back