Introducing myself

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CookieK93

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name is Cookie and I live with my partners on a rabbit farm. We breed for meat (homestead for the kids) and pets. We raise New Zealand for meat, but usually sell them pretty quick to others as pets and/or breeders. We also raise Flemish Giants as pets.

We decided to try to mix the two breeds to see how it would affect the meat we get. We found that we get a good meat rabbit that is slightly larger than a new Zealand, dressing out around 10-15 lbs of meat.

I joined this forum to see how other people do things and also to get an opinion on one of our rabbits breeds.
Thanks for reading! I have attached a photo of one of our mama's and babies.

Attachments

• 20240519_195435.jpg
    20240519_195435.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Hey everyone! My name is Cookie and I live with my partners on a rabbit farm. We breed for meat (homestead for the kids) and pets. We raise New Zealand for meat, but usually sell them pretty quick to others as pets and/or breeders. We also raise Flemish Giants as pets.

We decided to try to mix the two breeds to see how it would affect the meat we get. We found that we get a good meat rabbit that is slightly larger than a new Zealand, dressing out around 10-15 lbs of meat.

I joined this forum to see how other people do things and also to get an opinion on one of our rabbits breeds.
Thanks for reading! I have attached a photo of one of our mama's and babies.
Hi Cookie! Welcome to the community. Your kits look healthy. Lots of colour as well. I always enjoy the variety.

I have a friend who crosses Flemish and rex. Although they added a line of NZ... adding to their meat line.

I raise pedigreed Zealands and Rex (first litter of rex kits). Getting ready to down size as the last 2 litters of New Zealand did not sell out (blacks and rew). I'm done breeding until fall although I might have 1 last litter on the way. I generally breed in pairs/trios , but decided not to at this time.

Attachments

• IMG_20240522_100618.jpg
    IMG_20240522_100618.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back