Interesting breeding experience this morning...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyndseyrk

Reaction score
Today was breeding day :mrgreen: . Of course, it's pouring the rain, and I have all outside hutches. I had 2 does to breed. 1st doe went well. 30 seconds and we were done and back in their separate cages. 2nd doe was a first timer. It went okay, got the job done.

I took my son to school, then returned home for their second breeding. Doe 1, again, went off without a hitch. The 2nd doe, FREAKED OUT when I put her in with the buck again. She ran around and around, faster and faster. She was bouncing off the walls she was running so fast. I opened the door to grab her to calm her down and possible hold her for the buck. When I did, she almost came flying out! I had to shut the door in her face really fast. On my 2nd attempt, she tried to climb out and clawed my hand, as I shoved her back in. So, I cracked the door enough to reach my hand in and blindly tried to grab her, but kept getting the buck instead. I finally grabbed her, and the buck was furious. He kept stomping, so I took her out. When I opened the door to get her out, he bolted! RAN right out of the cage and hit the ground running. :eek: Mind you, it's pouring rain and nothing but soft mud in my entire yard! I put the doe back in her cage...then had to corner and trap the fleeing buck. He was still ticked and stomping his feet in the mud! Took about 5 minutes of crawling in the mud behind the hutches, but finally grabbed him and put the now muddy rabbit in his cage. I put the doe in with my other buck to be rebred.

Stupid rabbits! :evil:
\

Latest posts

Back