Initial re-entry into the showroom in 7 days

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatinsRule

Reaction score
Looking like I'm headed to Collins, MS in just 7 days from now, assuming this icy weather we're going thru allows me to do so.

The plan is to take 10 of my rabbits. Not looking forward to the drive, but I'm looking forward to meeting new people and putting a few of my herd across the table again. I have a couple which are looking pretty sharp.

Anyone else thinking about making that show? If so, let me know. I'll be looking for you.

Anntann":5yrhusk0 said:
10 rabbits? goodness. Will you have helpers along or are you doing this all alone? (I'm shuddering just taking ONE rabbit to a show)

good luck with your show! We'll need pictures and updates!
10 rabbits, and travelling just short of 300 miles each way by myself. I was a loner when I got into this just a few months back, and it's likely I'll stay that way for the forseeable future.

I'll make it a point to take some pics and post up. One of the shows I'm looking at attending later this spring actually had Donna Douglas (Ellie Mae from The Beverly Hillbillies) show up last year or the year before. That's a once-in-a-lifetime photo op if there ever was one.

Got my fingers crossed for you that the weather will be nice, have a great time!!!!

Well, my digital camera gave up the ghost today, and I didn't wind up getting any pictures of it, but:

Stratus (white doe) won BOB in Show A, Dan (black buck) won BOB in Show B, and McCool (white doe) won Best Opposite in Show B. I'll get grand champion legs both ways since there were a total of 3 exhibitors there with satins today.

Despite the showroom success, beautiful weather, and safe travels both ways, today had a very bittersweet ending for me. When I got home, Frank (my bruiser black satin breeder buck) was lying dead in his cage. That throws a big old bucket of ice cold water on my breeding program with the blacks.

SatinsRule":8ss776w0 said:
Well, my digital camera gave up the ghost today, and I didn't wind up getting any pictures of it, but:

Stratus (white doe) won BOB in Show A, Dan (black buck) won BOB in Show B, and McCool (white doe) won Best Opposite in Show B. I'll get grand champion legs both ways since there were a total of 3 exhibitors there with satins today.

Despite the showroom success, beautiful weather, and safe travels both ways, today had a very bittersweet ending for me. When I got home, Frank (my bruiser black satin breeder buck) was lying dead in his cage. That throws a big old bucket of ice cold water on my breeding program with the blacks.

Don't know which to say first... Congratulations or Gosh i'm so sorry !!

The wins are wonderful !!! Hopefully you have young from the buck that will help piece your breeding program together a bit.

Random Rabbit":1px2ckhh said:
SatinsRule":1px2ckhh said:

Don't know which to say first... Congratulations or Gosh i'm so sorry !!

The wins are wonderful !!! Hopefully you have young from the buck that will help piece your breeding program together a bit.

Thanks for the kind comments, but as for the young rabbits, that never happened. I had originally planned to breed one of my black does in late December or early Jan, but I put it off until I could find some litter boxes without paying an arm and a leg. I found 3 of them yesterday, so the next herd buck I get will be getting some action from day one when he arrives in my barn. Right now, I'm thinking the new buck needs to either be a big-bodied typy cal, or another black. Maybe a blue, but I'm hesitant about bringing on another variety. As it is, right now I am kicking myself for not just throwing out the money on a nesting box early on and getting a litter out of him and Londa, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Latest posts

Back