info on Jersey Woolies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopsofun

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on a breed or two of rabbit my kids can show. I already have a mini lop and a Holland lop. Not sure I'm gonna stick with Hollands. I'd like to know some pros and cons of the Jersey Wooly. My daughter loves grooming animals, and she may take to this breed.

I'm sure LindsaysWoolies will chime in here any minute... She has some beautiful rabbits. But from an angora point of view (I breed/raise French angoras) as long as you love to groom and are prepared to do so about twice a week, you will love keeping them.
Pros: wool, fluffy butts
Cons: constant grooming, wool webs all over the Rabbitry

The jersey woolies are very minimal care compared to an angora. I brush mine maybe once every couple weeks and most of them don't get matted at all unless they have aweful fur. I would be happy to let you meet my jersey woolies at the perry show to see what you think about them. :) They are SWEET bunnies, I almost never get scratched by them and have never encountered a mean one.

LindseysWoolies":3royif0b said:
The jersey woolies are very minimal care compared to an angora. I brush mine maybe once every couple weeks and most of them don't get matted at all

:whistle: I'm not listening, I'm not listening, nope Nope, NOPE!!! :whistle:

It's only a matter of time now MSD.....I see wooly bunns in your future :twisted:
They're going to overtake the Rex pens.....today MSDs barn, tomorrow, the world

Muhaaahaaaahaaa

Mama you know you are going to get one sometime. :pinkbunny: Night as well get it over with and get one ASAP. You need one you know you will. :twilightzone:

I really enjoy Lindsey's JWs. I honestly had a strong dislike for any dwarf breeds ( I don't even like small dogs. Go big, or go home LOL ....just not broke haha Love my Mini Lops. Just big enough and not a ridiculous feed bill!), but I give the sweetest dwarf breed trophy to the JW. The litter sizes aren't the best BUT they are cute/gentle little things :) Plus, Lindsey has some really awesome lines for this area ;)

Aww thanks Ashley, yes Jersey woolies are the BEST. Very sweet and gentle. Hopefully my litter sizes will be a little better this time around.

They are wonderful rabbits.they breed easily,have nice temperments and the ones with corrrect wool only need combed every two weeks or soo.My daughter raised these for years.

3mina":eguujjsp said:
It's only a matter of time now MSD.....I see wooly bunns in your future :twisted:
They're going to overtake the Rex pens.....today MSDs barn, tomorrow, the world

Muhaaahaaaahaaa

Aaaiee!!! Wooly invaders! No-o-o-o! :SOSSOS:

Demamma":eguujjsp said:
Might as well get it over with and get one ASAP.

It just so happens that the Kern County Fair rabbit show is this weekend. Of course, I am only going to go look. :sneaky2:

MamaSheepdog":7g318fyp said:
Aaaiee!!! Wooly invaders! No-o-o-o! :SOSSOS:
It just so happens that the Kern County Fair rabbit show is this weekend. Of course, I am only going to go look. :sneaky2:

You said look .... so look at these lil cuties !!! (Not mine I borrowed the pics from fb)

375916_408464272551908_639656070_n_zps1166f869.jpg

418923_407323315999337_74394046_n_zps006651aa.jpg

163789_10150166488313452_2319446_n_zps0197d631.jpg

I'm thinkin you need a lil Wooly in your life ! :lol:

OMG! I want the broken chocolate in the first pic, and the whatever-color-that-is in the second pic! Look at its little hairdo! <Swoon!!!>

My family is gonna check JWs (Jersey Woolies) out at Perry,GA. I think I'd like to try to have just JWs and mini lops. I love the look of Holland Lops, but so many folks have them and the one I have (a jr doe) is not laid back at all. I see a fair amount of JWs around, and from what you folks have told me they are very calm. My Holland Lop doe has bitten a kid already. She nibbles a good bit when we try to pose her. She always tries to get away from us when we get her out of the pen, which we do daily.

lopsofun":vhat51ua said:
My family is gonna check JWs (Jersey Woolies) out at Perry,GA. I think I'd like to try to have just JWs and mini lops. I love the look of Holland Lops, but so many folks have them and the one I have (a jr doe) is not laid back at all. I see a fair amount of JWs around, and from what you folks have told me they are very calm. My Holland Lop doe has bitten a kid already. She nibbles a good bit when we try to pose her. She always tries to get away from us when we get her out of the pen, which we do daily.

I will be there so feel free to come over and meet my jersey woolies. :)

I just got a jersey wooly and she is such a sweet rabbit, she loves to be groomed and brushed and settles down in my lap and gets all snuggly when I groom her. She would be a great pet for your daughter if she likes grooming.

squidpop":1xzr1t93 said:
I just got a jersey wooly and she is such a sweet rabbit, she loves to be groomed and brushed and settles down in my lap and gets all snuggly when I groom her. She would be a great pet for your daughter if she likes grooming.

Thanks. Let me put it this way. When my daughter was riding horses (and I wish I could find someone for her to ride with again) she could not wait to finish riding so she could brusk the horses. Then you'd have to make her stop doing it once she started. She has a Ragdoll cat she like to groom as well.<br /><br />__________ Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:39 pm __________<br /><br />Been reading a post on blow=drying rabbits. So you wash and blow-dry woolies? Is that just for the show?

lopsofun":1vkiatjq said:
Been reading a post on blow=drying rabbits. So you wash and blow-dry woolies? Is that just for the show?

No washing, just taking the blow dryer to the coat to blow out loose hair and matts. Easier on the rabbits skin and keeps the coat that shouldn't come out where it belongs
And can be used on any breed of rabbit during moulting, I watched a standard Rex being done at the show this weekend

Back