Indoor colony flooring....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tegan

Reaction score
Alright, so I have a colony in my basement. They are in a 8X20 area, and the floor WAS a tarp with bedding on top.....they managed to bite/dig under one corner of the tarp, and have pushed all the bedding off that area and have a great time running around under it now. I had to cut the tarp away from that area to rescue a nest of buns that the mom had on the cement (long story). I can't have them on the cement because I dont want their urine to soak into it. So I'm looking for alternative flooring. I looked into Cloroplast (corrugated plastic) but it's SUPER expensive around here, though I could have a 10 pack delivered for $170...but I only need 5 sheets.

I found this.... http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...ngId=-1&keyword=panel&storeId=10051#more_info and it looks like it would work. I know it says it's not moisture resistant, but people are using it in kennels and as white boards with no issues....so I'm hoping it will work.

Contact an apartment complex or flooring company and ask for their removed linoleum or vinyl flooring. I get it from my mom who manages apartments and all the kitchens have that linoleum. You can also buy rolls of padded vinyl flooring for fairly cheap and good sized. It's hit or miss what stores sell them though.

Not a bad idea, but I'm worried if I have to seam it at all they'd pull it up. With the board they may be able to chew the edges a bit, but they couldn't lift it. I'm going to try the board first I think, and if that's a horrible failure I think I may just get a shed! LOL

Linoleum, vinyl flooring or depending on how much you need, carpet runner.

Since that board is not moisture resistant... why not put it on top of a tarp? Then even if it does leak through and you have to replace it, the cement floor still won't be stained/smelly.

Run the edges outside the pen or put some bricks down. When we used a tarp for a big indoor cage we had a pvc and wire frame that we pulled the tarp under so it stuck out on each side and tied it up to the wire making a basket to hold in shavings. We used a heavy duty canvas tarp though. Rabbits will tear through regular blue tarps.

Latest posts

Back