In the "Where do they get this??" category ..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should ask them. They are likely just passing on misinformation from whoever sold them rabbits, either these or the parents. Maybe they have a vet in the family who looked at them and said: "Yup, those are rabbits." :roll:

I actually googled it to see if there were websites or other mentions of King Flemish' but all I got was stuff about the king of Belgium and the very add I was reading of course lol. Last time I emailed and asked something along those lines I got a expletive-filled email back, which made me say ohh so you do know its wrong!! :) Vet checks around here start around 50.00 or so and go up so the vet MUST have been a relative or a Veteran lol. A real flemmie actually sells for about 75.00 and up to over $100.00 here, maybe I should email them and tell them that! :)

Devon's Mom Lauren":2o3mnqoy said:
Vet checks around here start around 50.00 or so and go up so the vet MUST have been a relative or a Veteran lol. A real flemmie actually sells for about 75.00 and up to over $100.00 here, maybe I should email them and tell them that! :)

I see the e-mail now...

:twisted: * Seller, I would love to buy all your King Flemish. I certainly do hope your asking price is not a typo, as my plans would be to advertise them just like you do, but ask the going price of 75-100 dollars. * :twisted:

Seller will either change his asking price, or send you another 'expletive filled e-mail'

They must have pulled the ad because I can't find it. I wonder how big a King Flemish really is? I prefer my Mini-Flemish. They weigh in between 18 and 21 lbs. Plenty big for me!

Frosted Rabbits":17a2d7y7 said:
pfaubush":17a2d7y7 said:
So, putting stuff off, I was crusing CL this morning and found this. More King rabbits. California King this time. http://roseburg.craigslist.org/grd/2188213678.html
I always thought 'California King" was a mattress size! Look like a bunch of mutt bunnies to me
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is only one "King" in rabbits that I know of and he raises mini Rex. His name is Doug King..
I also thought that of the shepherd dog breed called a King Shepherd but couldn't find anyone by that name as a big breeder, then I was supicious when the name cropped up for a lot of other breeds. Highly unusual for a big time breeder to have more than one or two breeds and make a huge mark on them! But now i see this madness is spreading.... :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

they say california 'king' cross....
maybe the just translated the the rex into english....

Or...
they are ID 10 t's

I think I'll take option 2

reminds me of my freind who raised "california giants". my guess, they are calling them something they think sounds good.

Did I ever post my designer rabbit idea? Cross a silver marten with a satin for a Marten Sheen. If you used a broken satin and got a broken Martin Sheen, you could breed it to another broken and have a Charlie Sheen.

Sounds like they are just tweaking the original name a bit.<br /><br />__________ Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:31 pm __________<br /><br />
pfaubush":edt1s9g5 said:
Cross a silver marten with a satin for a Marten Sheen. If you used a broken satin and got a broken Martin Sheen, you could breed it to another broken and have a Charlie Sheen.
LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

She definately called them designer. Mini Havanas, Dwarf Lionheads, Matchbox Mini Rex, Rex Lops (NOT like our Plush Lops) and all sorts of things.

Should have seen the designer chickens. THAT was a hoot.

Back