In the nest box pics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvabunny

Reaction score
This final group of pics are all nestbox babies, all less than a week old.
The oldest is a litter of blues - 13 were born - 8 survive. These have the same Mama as the litter where all of the bkn blues died, but a different Papa. This is the litter that prompted my earlier post about their REW Mama NOT being a hidden broken. All nice, plump, equally sized babies. I took more pics, but they turned out fuzzy.
20140222_175338.jpg

The next born is a litter of bkns - 1 bkn torte and the rest bkn black. One died at birth - it was a bkn torte. I am fairly certain this Mama is a Charlie, as the Papa is the same as the one to the litter of solid blues above. I was really surprised to see a box full of bkn blacks. I don't like black rabbits and try hard to keep them out of my barn. Bkn black, now that's another story.
Again, I took more pics, but they were poppling around and this is the only decent one.
20140222_175532.jpg

Lastly, another litter of Harleys and tris, but this is a much better colored litter. The stripes are very prominent and the tri is going to be a gorgeous thing. Hope it's a girl. Mama is just keeping them stuffed full. These pics were taken BEFORE dinnertime. She's also pulled so much fuzz that she ought to be bald!
20140222_175706.jpg
20140222_175712.jpg
20140222_175729.jpg

So, with these 3 posts, are pics of all my baby buns. I've got 2 more does due on Monday. 1 is quite busy making a nest. She will be having Harleys and tris. The other one I'm pretty sure isn't going to deliver. She was only force bred once, and doesn't seem to be the least bit pregnant. She could surprise me tho. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

Your pics made me smile.
I have 1 current litter, that is all grays. Another litter that is
6 broken and 2 solids. So similiar to your pics.
And the harlequin I had here, I had no matching buck for her,
and only ended up with 2 out of 5 babies from her, both gray.
I got her rebred and sold her.

Latest posts

Back