I'm back I think

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack

Reaction score
kinda moved on to other things
now thinking I have to de-electrify for a little bit

anywho, did a show today, it was pointless cause I boogered the entries and the doe I need a leg, got the leg, except as a JR (damn cut n past)

yah

well, lets just say, when our rabbits compete in the lower 48, fur class is a give-me
I know of lots, if not the outside, I know that they loose some, but you give them a box with straw to hide in, and a sheet over the cages you usually are good
water is the major issue (it was -033 at the show this morning, BUT Wednesday and Thursday were +40*) talk about a bit of a swing, it's -18 right now (I'm defrosting my face right now)

You give just enough water for the day
Me, I'm killing myself with the electric bill, most of the time I don't heat, but once you go below about 5, the rabbit mass isn't enough to keep my insulated barn (I have a leaky roof on purpose this year trying to keep the ammonia down) but a 750 watt heater ceramic heater and a box fan will keep it above freezing about 35-40ish

That said, mine don't have near the fur of some of my competitors, but I have better condition.

Me too (wondering about you). My aunt just flew back to Anchorage (lives in Wasilla). I keep trying to talk her into raising rabbits. "Hey, I know of people in Alaska, one of them lives right there in Anchorage, who raise meat rabbits!"

Haven't convinced her yet.:roll:

70* is quite a swing, for sure. We don't get that kind of temperature swing very often at all. 40* is not that unusual, but 70* is another thing altogether.

shucks, if I'd known before yesterday I'd have you offer her a personal invitation to the biglake show
but she was probably at the gunshow anyways

:lol: Actually, she probably made it back to Wasilla yesterday.

I'm not really sure... she may have made it back today. Or maybe she's still stuck in Seattle. We haven't heard from her yet, but my mom tried to reach her.

Gun show at the high school! That's awesome! :p Up there, more people have their priorities straight, because they can't afford to buy into all this sandin-vironmental-ista business we've got going on in the lower 48.

yeah, but it doesn't keep the out of stater's
(outside)
from messing with us
they get with the local or regional considerations (of native Alaskans)
and sue to stop development, and it can be funny when a local corp is suing a regional corps project

consider shell has been trying to explore their leases off the north slope for over 5 years
and a gold mine has been block by the locals even though it's a regional corp's co project

Oh, and for every dollar of value extracted, I get my 1/650,000th of interest off 12.5 cents (and when it's billions it really adds up)

And there's no jobs in the bush, it's a complete welfare state, so, maybe the feds going broke will help if they cut the stupid checks

Consider, how much do you think it cost to run the ONLY ICEBREAKER for a fuel delivery done by a foreign tanker (which required FEDERAL approval due to the Jones act) to a town of less than 5000?

It may have been cheaper for them to fly it in, if they had to pay for the Healy too, but they don't so it's cheaper.

Politics in alaska is all special interst
but then realize that ONE city has over half the votes, and you see that the bush feels entitled to 'special interest' status.

me, I just wish they would develop the state and put more money in the PFD, I'm broke too.

PFD? Palmer? MIL's family were in the first group that the US Sent up to Alaska to settle/develop the area-- PLUMLEY road is their namesake-- They owned and operated the sawmill that produced the lumber for the first houses...

Really, you related to George Plumley (properly, that's Butte, on the palmer side of things)
Got a friend that lives off Plumley

My Great grandparents were farmers in Washington, they were recruited to come to the colony, but ended up not going, my grandma still wishes they had.

Latest posts

Back