I'm Alive

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cspr

Reaction score
I imagine that was almost a little ominous ("It's alive!"), but that kind of sums up the past couple of years. Anyway, I've been going through a lot mostly in regards to illness.

Since my last post, I sold off my flock of rabbits and almost all of my rabbits with the exception of Jasmine, the old Mini Rex brood doe, and Fiona the rescued "Lion Lop" spay. I moved into a fixer-upper with less space but for a better price with a yard that had been left untended for a few years. Etc.

Since then I've been trying to rebuild. Due to lack of space, I switched to Netherland Dwarf rabbits and added American and Peruvian guinea pigs. I ended up rescuing a budgie at a rabbit show and, a few weeks ago, a duck. Apparently I am going to be flooded by ducks because someone made the terrible mistake of letting loose a few Muscovies at the nearby pond that has turned into many Muscovies, rivaling the kudzu in gumption.

As for my garden? Well, it's a work in progress. :x A lot of work partly caused by an abundance of poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac--plus Virginia creeper. Because of course.

I'm going to keep this short, as I have a migraine right now and my vision's weird so beware of typos, but yeah. For the first time since early last year? I have home-bred kits. :)

Welcome back...I am happy to see you and glad that you are still alive :lol: and not completely cured of your rabbitosis...Migraines are a bear sometimes just having someone to "talk" to helps...welcome back again... :) .

Thank you for the warm welcome back. :)

My illness has improved a little, Miss M. Unfortunately it is chronic. Blah. Seems like my autonomic nervous system and autoimmune systems are a bit, ahem, wonky. -shrugs- Many diagnoses, but it all goes back to that. Modern medicine is the bee's knees? Could be better, but could be worse. No leeches! :lol:

More good news? I haven't lost any of my NDs. The Mini Rex I had prior seemed cursed. I couldn't keep them alive for the life of me. I never could even figure out why. I have many theories but no real proof one way or another. Basically I'm just happy to not go outside with the thought of "Which one will have bit the dust today?" in the mornings.

I've had no trouble with my cavies either, but I only have three. It's pretty hard to find stock. I managed to get a really nice pair of Peruvians (even if they're cousins) and one American boar, but I'm still waiting on a suitable American sow. (I feel sort of bad but I may cross the American and Peruvian to get short-haired mutts for the pet market. Meep.)

Back