I'm alive! Here I am!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattle Cait

Reaction score
I can't even remember the last time I was on here - I've been super busy with school! I forgot how much homework college entails. Oy.

I've made the move to Vermont and LOVE it. I work on the school's farm managing their rabbit herd, how cool is that?! Two weeks ago I put on a workshop for my coworkers about how to slaughter and dress rabbits with a wringer and got a great response from everyone. We're working on transitioning to a fodder feeding system and improving the group dynamics in the colony (the ladies fight quite a bit, maybe some team-building exercises?)

Alas, I have missed everyone here. How are you all?

Here's some pics of me at school, because not only do I love talking about myself, I like taking pictures of myself also.

Attachments

• me and cher.jpg
    me and cher.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 206
  • me and cows.jpg
    me and cows.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 206
  • chopping wood.jpg
    chopping wood.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 206
CAIT!!!

How nice to see you! :p Glad to hear all is going so well- I can't believe you are in charge of a rabbit colony at school- what a stroke of luck for you and the rabbits, too!

Rather than team building exercises, I would suggest an interior design workshop... :thinking: perhaps take the little ladies on a field trip to Ikea, or the woods, or the local dump ;) and get some buckets, boxes, logs, etc. so they have a bit of furniture to lounge on and hide behind. That way they will have somewhere to take a spot of tea, have their sewing circle, or gossip about that hussy of a doe that always seems to be kindling in the middle of everything.:roll:

By the way, LOVE the jeans in pic #2. Very stylish! People pay good money for jeans with holes like that, whereas we get ours as an accessory to sweat and hard work! :lol:

Things are going well here on my little homestead. On the rabbit end; I have 86 holes currently in use, with more cages needing to be hung. I'm now selling rabbit meat to a few clients, have a buyer that provides whole rabbit to zoos and reptile enthusiasts (he'll take as many as I can produce, so I get to breed and breed and BREED!), and have even started selling bags of rabbit poop, lol! I also am making rabbit chew toys and have quite the following of clients at rabbit shows, so am just about covering fuel costs and entry fees.

I'm determined to cover the food bill at least, but of course have dreams of actually making money from this hobby obsession addiction disease. :greedy: :money:

We are growing out three turkeys, and I have a half dozen or so ducks that will be meeting their maker next week some time. Hubs and the boys are out hunting (deer!) this morning, so hopefully we will have venison in the freezer this year too.

Don't be a stranger now, y'hear? No dropping off the face of RT for months on end! :nono: At least I know your general location... I'll be monitoring the newsfeed on Vermont. They do realize what they have in their midst, do they not? :? Vermont will never be the same... :roll:

Latest posts

Back