ID the lineage?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Therian

Reaction score
I got a bit of a shock on this last little pack of buns and I think my cali buck has some silvefox in him (his first round in the ring). Forgive the camera....its old and the internal clock is broken lol.

I got this one from a NZB doe/Cali buck (4 liters were all black NZW kits till this one)

I'm calling him Wolfie and I will try to sell as a pet OR the center piece for my new blanket.

I got these two from the same Cali doe/Cali buck, one is grey/white with grey being dominate, and the other is opposite in color.

So I wonder what lineage is in my buck? They look similar to the silver fox rabbits but I have no clue lol....still a neat surprise.

I have no idea, but I am really interested to see how those little kits mature!

The ones from the cali doe were probably just chilled. When cali marked rabbits get chilled as babies they turn grey but it molts out when they age.

Interesting. I thought that when they got chilled they lost their color. I have cali Jr's here that are 3 months and just getting their markings because they got chilled when born.

That kind of sucks :/ I really liked how they looked as this is my first litter with ANY kind of color combo. However it would make sense considering some of the normal looking cali kits have grey swish marks in their fur.

No the heat fades the points and cold makes them darker. Thats why the points are so light on my Georgia bunnies and darker on northern rabbits.

The top pic is a steel. The other two are chilled to various degrees. However, a new Zealand White and a Calfornian should only produce rews and cali marked! Do both the parents have red eyes?

Maybe there's some Chinchilla in there. A Silver Fox only has silvering, not solid Chin coloring like that.

Devon's Mom Lauren":35zfrt11 said:
The top pic is a steel. The other two are chilled to various degrees. However, a new Zealand White and a Calfornian should only produce rews and cali marked! Do both the parents have red eyes?
I did a typo, I have a New Zealand but it's black not white. I imagine that solves the issue there, the cali buck had red eyes however and the doe has black.

Back