I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny-Wan Kenobi

Reaction score
Okay long story short: my sister Galadriel and I signed up for the teen summer reading program at the library, and at the end of every (as far as I know) program there is a party with rewards at the end of it. Well, here at the party, everyone got cake and ice cream, the four who read the most books got paper bags with their names on them containing stuff like school supplies. Both of us got bags. Everyone got to cut and paste from a magazine onto a piece of colored paper -- the lady who was directing the whole thing said to cut out things that we like or describe us, and next time we come she might have a little surprise for us... hmmmmm. :thinking:

Now for the part this thread is AALLLL about: the final thing they did was hold a drawing for a Kindle Fire HD. Every 30 minutes we read during the program got us a ticket. I read 1,463 minutes. They pulled out the box of tickets, mixed it all up, pulled out a ticket, and, of all the names they could have called out, they called MY NAME!!! So now I have a Kindle Fire HD that I hardly know how I ended up with!!!

So, you had the fun of reading, AND got a prize for it!!!

Way to go. Keep reading :)

Bunny-Wan Kenobi":f259w1nf said:
I read 1,463 minutes.

Whoa- that's over 24 hours! Way to go, Bunny-Wan! :clap2:

So, what were some of the books you read?

Galadreil has a kindle too, doesn't she? Maybe you can borrow some of her- er- books. :)

MamaSheepdog":2mnyzkhr said:
Bunny-Wan Kenobi":2mnyzkhr said:
I read 1,463 minutes.

Whoa- that's over 24 hours! Way to go, Bunny-Wan! :clap2:

Thank you MSD!

So, what were some of the books you read?

Well, not sure if anyone here has herd of any of them but I read:

Beyonders, book 2, Seeds of Rebellion.

Relic Master The Dark City.

Green Lantern & Green Arrow Archives.

and more!!

Galadreil has a kindle too, doesn't she? Maybe you can borrow some of her- er- books. :)

Yep she has a Kindle, just a different type, hers is a Kindle Touch. and actually yes for some reason nearly all the books that were automatically on my Kindle were on hers too!!!

Wow! Congratulations! It is so refreshinng to hear about good people getting unexpected rewards for their hard work. I'd have loved to see your reaction when your name was called.

Thanks for the list of books. I'm going to pass the titles on to my sons. What ages would enjoy them the most?

Bunny-Wan Kenobi":2kvla9n5 said:
Yep she has a Kindle, just a different type, hers is a Kindle Touch. and actually yes for some reason nearly all the books that were automatically on my Kindle were on hers too!!!
It's the Kindle Cloud thingy. Whatever was on her Kindle is in my account, when I attached his Kindle to my account, it sent everything to him.

I'll have to see if he got all of her Gutenberg books, too.

the reluctant farmer":2ugnyhke said:
Thanks for the list of books.

You're welcome, would you like some other titles?

the reluctant farmer":2ugnyhke said:
I'm going to pass the titles on to my sons. What ages would enjoy them the most?

Well, I'm no expert, but I'd say about 9 and up, though I might be wrong ;) .

Warning about Seeds of Rebellion though: There is a very scary part in the middle of the book -- there is a real disease that bees get every once in a while, where it starts to act like a zombie -- imagine this only caused by worms and in humans instead of bees, it gets very descriptive -- it does end, but it's intense.

I had kinda made friends with a girl there at the library, and her name was the first called when they were giving out prize bags, and I could hardly believe the number of stars on her die-cuts! She is one of the most rabid readers I've ever met (myself included ;) )!

During the drawing, I was literally praying that the Fire would go, if not to either of us, to one of the ones who had read enough to get a prize bag. With our experience with drawings, I was almost sure it would go to the kid in the back who had only read enough to warrant one raffle ticket. :roll:

I was wrong!!! :p :p :p :p

On a side note: With the prize bags, they also gave out hot, itchy, disposable lab coats that were supposed to signify what we could be in the future... not sure how a lab coat can apply to an aspiring author... :? :lol:

Hmmmm, lab coats...writer. Maybe they're trying to inspire murder mystery writers? Crime drama novelists? Investigative journalism in meat packing plants?? Ah--an investigative novel about Monsanto & bioengineered food! Ok,your turn Galadriel: I challenge you to write a short story abot why a librarian gave kids scratchy disposable lab coats--I bet you could come up with something really imaginative!

the reluctant farmer":39yzvzus said:
Thank you so much!

You're welcome!!! I need to ask this though, what do your sons usually like reading?

Because I know of several different books from several different styles. :reading1:

I just finished installing some custom "apps" on Galadriel's Kindle Touch, to upgrade it a bit. Now she has a text editor, a better web browser, and the ability to read many more ebook formats, like epub. :D

There's an app available for the Kindle Fire that adds compatibility for epub, as well. We should be able to download that tomorrow (when we go into town, where there's wifi :lol: )

Latest posts

Back