I want, I WANT!!!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AWESOME! I want one too!

We've been here 28 years and some 'estate' houses have cropped up. 'Someone' sent the by-law people over due to excessive noise, we told the officer to fine the roosters and not us.

Thankfully most new neighbours have been great, are regular customers for our products and have help expand our clientele by telling their friends.

Considering the kinds of Puget Sound snobbery that they likely deal with, I can imagine that they sell A LOT of those signs.<br /><br />__________ Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:31 pm __________<br /><br />Reposted it on Facebook.

Dood":13by8zyq said:
Odour is spelled correctly for American English.

That's not what I was talking about. That would be a spelling error, lol.

The grammatical error is Animals Make. It should be

Animals :
Make Funny Sounds
Smell Bad, And
Have Sex Outdoors

When I read it how it is written, it reads like this.

Animals :
Make Funny Sounds
Make Smell Bad, And
Make Have Sex Outdoors

Punctuation--
Let's eat Dad.
vs
Let's eat, Dad

Grammar---

I shot a hair.
I gots me a new toy
I done gone on vacation.
There done working.

We have several of those Farm Signs in this area. City folk move out this way, thinking it is going to be nice and quiet, with no obnoxious odors-- then, they wake up at 6 one morning, to the sound of a portable sawmill-- yep, a neighbor is logging! And the roosters! Oh, the donkey, too.. And lets not forget-- in some places, despite being heavily wooded and homes being far apart-- you can hear your neighbors conversations!!! Then, at night-- the first time a city fella hears a Screech owl-- and the screams of a small animal as the hawk takes it---

Frosted Rabbits":xo3i6oe1 said:
I shot a hair.
There done working.
these are spelling mistakes. Granted, they're of a type that SEEMS like a grammatical error, but to be a grammatical error, then the speaker would have to not have meant "hare" or "they're", in which case the issue is less a matter of education and more a matter of insanity.

My goodness, let's not pick at all the language mistakes that abound and let's not pound semantics to death. :bdh:

I may cringe when I see these types of errros (being a person who values good communication) but I've learned to be a bit tolerant. Many people did not have the benefit of proper instruction in grammar, punctuation and spelling while they were in school.

MaggieJ":3j1ebzk6 said:
My goodness, let's not pick at all the language mistakes that abound and let's not pound semantics to death. :bdh:

I may cringe when I see these types of errros (being a person who values good communication) but I've learned to be a bit tolerant. Many people did not have the benefit of proper instruction in grammar, punctuation and spelling while they were in school.

I have to ask, intentional or irony?

Bad Habit":1boo8w5b said:
MaggieJ":1boo8w5b said:

I have to ask, intentional or irony?

Bah-ha-ha! An ironic typo! :p

Love those signs!!!

Good way to teach sex ed to kids is drive through the country in the spring time lol!

Edit: I need a new keybord!!

MaggieJ":3m8r6126 said:
LOL. Just a typo, I'm afraid. :oops: But I'm going to leave it, because even those of us who value good language skills make mistakes on occasion.

I would have let it go, but I was really hoping you'd say it was irony, and put there to poke fun at us, lol.

Latest posts

Back