I think she FINALLY gets it! Nope we lost them.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asinaway

Reaction score
I have this doe who is such a horrible mom, out of the four times i bred her, she lost two litters to being a pain in my butt and never making a nest and not even bothering to use it.

She has have one live litter, I kept her son and he's beautiful no smut, which anyone trying to breed and raise red MR will know is hard.

Most would have given up on her by now, but I quite like her and was trying to give her some hope.

Well today is her due date and she always has her babies on her due date.

She has a beautfully constructed nest in her NEST BOX, pulled hair not a ton but no biggie she never did pull a lot. And now we wait for Popples.:baby: Need some hopes and prayers that we have some live kits in the next few hours! We are really looking forward to this litter.

Or at least keep them alive long enough until my other doe births so I can transfer them to her, which btw I had to do with her only live litter. Fustrating but well worth it.

Pictures later I promise. :mbounce:

Update: Just walked in to her being in the nestbox, I think i heard some noise so YES Finally some popples from her. I left quickly so as not to scare her.

WOOT!

:congratulations:

I hope she is able to nurse them this time too!

I don't have any reds, and love to see red popple pics! I hope she has a bunch! :p

Again, the 3tries rule triumphs :lol: Glad to hear that she has gotten it right this time! Especially if she can produce smut-free reds for you! Also, she may very well pull more fur after she kindles. I have one doe that will stir up the fur/hay mixture and make a "plug" over the front of the nest box after feeding in the evening :D

I was only hearing things :x I'm going crazy over this doe. My hubby has threatend to tie me to the chair if I don't leave her alone. But I'm so afraid of losing this litter.

She's not eating, she pulled hair, made a nest all signs of her being in labor or at least pending birth.

I think I'm gonna be a nerd for a bit and play my sims to distract me, then go to bed. Hopefully with it being dark and silent she will birth during the night.

Since she has hardley left her nestbox I hope that is a sign she will use it. My only worry is the kits keeping warm tonight although i do have to say its not as cold as it has been, I hope your right ann and she pulls more hair. But maybe with her taking her time, will give my other doe a chance to catch up, she had a hay mustache earlier so shes not far behind.

So I'm sorry no popple pictures but will a pic of sun be okay for now while I sit and try not to pull my hair our :wall:

331.jpg

Well....... We have FOUR Healthy little Popples this morning. :pinkbunny: :pinkbunny: I cheated and snuck out last night when hubby was in the shower and around 9:00 she gave birth. No Peanuts. I checked before I left for work again, Don't think she fed them yet so not sure how her mothering skills are going to be this time around, but I know sometimes my does don't feed right away. Not much fur really but they were warm.

See she's a looker and has awesome type and fur that is why she sticks around, as well as the fact she's so attached to me and it took over a year for her to trust me. She will have a life time home here.

Pictures when I get home from work!

We promise not to tell hubby of your transgression so he doesn't tie you to a chair as a preemptive measure next time! :mrgreen:

Did you get any red popples? I love red popples, and I don't have any reds in my barn- so I can't wait to see pics later! :)

MamaSheepdog":27pda4g7 said:

We promise not to tell hubby of your transgression so he doesn't tie you to a chair as a preemptive measure next time! :mrgreen:

Did you get any red popples? I love red popples, and I don't have any reds in my barn- so I can't wait to see pics later! :)

Thank you, I'm soooo excited.

Lol good thing he never comes on here to look huh. :twisted:

All four are red. I only breed red to red so I can hopefully "fingers crossed" get clean reds, so about 100% of the time I get red popples. Honestly though most likely only one out of the four maybe two will be smut free or close.

I will make sure to get plenty of pictures for you, especially as they grow :D

She fed them yay! They all had nice round bellies and were warm. So I take it as a sign she is going to be a good mom.

My other doe had her litter as well today, six total thank goodness sun is taking care of her babies I do not think my other doe spice could handle four more. This litter was more of an experiment really, I bred a brk black buck to her and she's a brk castor. So far It's quite the variety.

Oh and she pulled a ton of hair, could i take some and give it to sun, do you think that would cause any issues? I have never had to do that before because all my moms but sun pull tons of hair. i took some out and rubed my hands all over, should i give it a couple hours before i put it in with suns babies or is it all togeather a bad idea?

Anywho here are some pictures for you all to enjoy :D

3492i4j.jpg

2eow6cm.jpg

9zok6t.jpg

One of Spice's popples

Aww! They are adorable! Congrats on two nice litters!

Yes, you can add fur from one nest to another, and there is no need to worry about it smelling different- Sun wont care. If you want to be extra careful, just rub the fur on her body before you put it into her nest.

Okay now I am soooo fustrated. I lost all four babies today. The only morning I did not check on them I lose them. But hubby went in a couple hours ago and said they seemed okay, and then went in 20 mins later to work on the windows and they were all gone and he did not know the trick to reviving them if they could have been revived.

I think she either stomped on them or something cause, I don't understand how they got so cold and died. They were fat, healthy, and warm last night. I had a ton of fur in there, good nesting materials. I rarely lose litters to the cold.

This is the third litter with her that I Have lost, and now I don't know what to do. Re breed her and try agian and suffer a possiable heart break or get rid of her as a pet or cull? I honestly don't think she would do well as a pet, and I do love her but I need breeding qaulity if I will ever gain any success with my red breeding program. She is nice though. ugh

I would say if you do breed her again, I would not leave the babies with her. Keep them in the house and just take them out to feed.

If you breed her again don't leave the kits with her, I tend to go by the three strikes rule but I raise for meat not for show.

Latest posts

Back