I Think I want Goats

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awwww they are cute but i will never own another!!! LoL they poop everywhere and head butt everything thier size including my son. So untill he grows up i will never own another!!

Pickles":3lzu6pe3 said:
Goats are truly Adorable, but Im not sure I would want one either... they smell atrocious! LOL! :)

They DO NOT smell atrocious!!! :evil: Unless they are breeding bucks in rut. And I, personally, prefer the smell of the stinkiest buck to a teenage boy doused in Axe Body Spray. Goat does are some of the cleanest animals going. Much cleaner than cows. Or dogs for that matter. I can put goat manure on my garden - dog droppings have to go into our landfills. They are gentle, affectionate and amusing. They don't bark all night, or bite people.

Nor do they eat tin cans.

I loke goats. I think they smell nice, and only some head butt. You gotta get nice goats. (even the bucks in rut have an interesting, not horrible smell to me).

And they are cute! Hubby says he disagrees. He thinks they are hideous.

Half Caper Farm":2gytudfn said:
Pickles":2gytudfn said:
Goats are truly Adorable, but Im not sure I would want one either... they smell atrocious! LOL! :)

They DO NOT smell atrocious!!! :evil: Unless they are breeding bucks in rut. And I, personally, prefer the smell of the stinkiest buck to a teenage boy doused in Axe Body Spray. Goat does are some of the cleanest animals going. Much cleaner than cows. Or dogs for that matter. I can put goat manure on my garden - dog droppings have to go into our landfills. They are gentle, affectionate and amusing. They don't bark all night, or bite people.

Nor do they eat tin cans.

Personally, I dont like their smell atall. Just my opinion... no need to get offended. :)
Also, I prefer just about any stink to a boy doused in Axe Body Spray as well. LOL!

you should have smelled my hubs when i went into labor with his first baby. e had to roll the windows down just to BREATHE. lol
:p

I get tired of the stereotypes - goats stink, their milk tastes bad, they headbutt everything, they eat tin cans . . . . usually heard from people who have never been within five feet of a goat, but they know all about it.

Of course I'm offended! I breed and show goats.

What adorable kids. Those people must have had fun putting those videos together :D
And no goats do not stink except for the bucks in breeding season.

Sorry that I offended you Half Caper. Like I stated earlier... just my opinion. And BTW, I dont know anything about goats but I have spent time around them. Your experiences have obviously been very different from mine. Im not a confrontational type of person so all I can say to you is Best Wishes & sorry my opinion of how I dislike the way goats smell offended you.
Ive never before heard that they eat tin cans though, thats a first. And goats milk makes great Feta... one of my favorites. :)

All the old cartoons back in the 1950's used to show goats eating tin cans. It was really stupid... even as a kid I knew that. I think those cartoons pre-dated TV... they'd have been the "shorts" before the feature film at movie theatres and a lot were likely made in the 30's and 40's.

I like goats. If I were younger, I'd have a couple of milk goats for sure. :)

Oh, they will eat paper -they're like deer, in that they prefer trees to grass, and paper is made from trees - but how often have you seen the cartoon version of a goat - sway-backed, long-horned, skinny, bearded, mean expression, flies buzzing around because of the smell, munching on a tincan? Unfortunately, that is the image that people like me are up against.

"Ewwww, you drink goat's milk? It tastes awful!" Me - "have you ever tried it?" "No, but I just know it tastes awful!" :x That was a real conversation. :|

"Ewww, goats stink!" - only the bucks, and only in breeding season.

"Some goat headbutted me when I was a kid" - well then, some idiot taught it to play that game, because none of my goats have ever offered to do that to anyone, not even the bucks.

Goats are very intelligent, affectionate, clean animals. Very perceptive too. I took Gabriel, a large wether, to Faery Fest a couple of years ago. He'd never been off the farm, so he was a bit nervous at first. He settled right down fairly quickly and quite enjoyed the attention. He couldn't get over the "ogre" - a large man with a big cudgel and a pair of horns strapped to his forehead. Every time we met him, Gabriel would look up at his face, cocking his head from side to side, obviously very puzzled by the horns. Gabriel is the goat that knows when I'm upset, and will come to me, lean his head on my chest and gaze up into my eyes.

Smelly, ugly, mean? I don't think so!

Latest posts

Back