...I think I got tagged by Cupid...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Rose Rabbits

Reaction score
So, I'm feeding the rabbits today, and pursued my usual routine of water, grain, hay, and then scritches. Well, I noticed that there was a little broken buck in one of my growout cages that kept running to the front of the cage each time I got within viewing distance. Didn't think much of it until it came time for scritches, and there he was waiting for me. Now, I don't play with any of my growouts, but they get messed with on a daily basis and they could really care less about me except when I have food. Well, this little buck decided that today's scritches were all his. He constantly butted his head into my hand for top scritches, and then he'd place his whole head on my palm for chin scritches, and he would stretch out for full body strokes. This little dude was just chillin'. I thought it was a fluke, and moved my hand around and he pursued it.

This is the exact temperament I want in my buns, but I already have too many bucks. I mean, I know I can change that, but I'm sorely tempted to make him a house bunny. Is it possible to do with intact bucks?

he sounds to me like a little buck maturing and say HEY pretty lady. :)

Can you turn him into a house bunny? Most certainly.

Time will tell how he turns out. :) Enjoy him.

You can certainly try!

I had a buck fall in love with me once :lovers: ... it really was cute, until he started leaping and spraying upwards at me to let me know he'd hit puberty :shock:

Rabbits are so individual. :roll: Most bucks are sweet and never ever do something like that!

Zass":24z4jhcz said:
You can certainly try!

I had a buck fall in love with me once :lovers: ... it really was cute, until he started leaping and spraying upwards at me to let me know he'd hit puberty :shock:

Rabbits are so individual. :roll: Most bucks are sweet and never ever do something like that!

I snorted... seriously! :lol: :roll:

One of my lops a buck, that lives in the house with me. I keep him in an enclosure. He's friendly, playful & loves to be patted on the forehead. He is a lovely lop & he doesn't spray.

So I say most definitely bucks can be indoor companion pets.

Have I been fortunate with him, or are most pet bucks like him? He's 13-14 mths old?

Attachments

• bc5aa769-086d-42b6-a565-547b96bc55a6_zps2f31dc1d.jpg
    bc5aa769-086d-42b6-a565-547b96bc55a6_zps2f31dc1d.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 160

Latest posts

Back