I Think I Got An Otter?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Mum's a jap harlequin, dad's a blue vienna.

206179_10150942763002319_1672457367_n.jpg

I know the one on the far right is black. I know there's either a jap or a magpie second from the left. The two blues have lots of pink on them on their underbellies and jowls, but ears are dark inside. The one in the middle has a pink underbelly and white in its ears. Any ideas?

Please excuse the mess of the tray, I had a piece of fabric on it, but the colour was messing up my photos.

Castor,chestnut. From what I saw in my last litter the space behind the neck would be tan or at least still pink.

OnTheBrightside":3jjf44dc said:
Could be opals, that's generally what they look like when young.
I was thinking that too but I have a hard time with castor and Opal until they fur out, I've only had broken opals before.

The coloron my phone is off, now I see, this is a black otter kit post73705.html?hilit=otter#p73705
unfortunately there was no tan on it's neck until later. No PICT for that.

Oh, probably should have mentioned they're lionheads, and all but the solid black are double maned, so have bare patches where their wool will come in later. Will post pics again when they have more hair(they're 4 days old right now), and hopefully we can figure out the colours. Thanks for the input for now<br /><br />__________ Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:25 am __________<br /><br />
282849_10150956325707319_655194721_n.jpg

Ok updated picture, the babies at 8 days old. I know the black, the blue and the harli. The other two have me stumped. Been told the one I thought was otter isn't. Don't have any good individual pics yet, I always seem to haul them out when they're hungry and thus wiggly and popping around.

And I think the harli's a dilute? not quite white, but definitely lighter than mum.

Their eyes are starting to open and they're trying to stand up. I'm hoping soon I'll be able to get them to stay still long enough to take individual photos.

tnelsonfla":3ktgw8og said:
Sorry tried to read thru, but what breed are these? A Harlequin and a Vienna? Vienna being a BEW?

They're lionheads. I was told my doe is a harlequin and the buck is a blue vienna for colour.

I thought at first that it might be a magpie harlequin rather than a japanese one, but the hair is definitely a light beige, hard as heck to photograph clearly. The colours don't really matter, because I'm not registering or exhibiting them, but I'd like to be able to tell people their proper colours when they go off to new homes, lol.

Latest posts

Back