I said goodbye to Ajax today

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alforddm

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
A sad day here. I culled my original rex buck today. He had been with me for just over 2 years and was the source of most of the chocolate and blue in my herd. He had developed an abscess on his hock. I had treated him once before but told myself if he got it again I would cull him.

Well, it happened again so I did.

I couldn't bring myself to butcher him out. I just buried him in a spot where the soil needs improvement.

I did tear up a bit when I buried him but it was the right decision to make. He was uncomfortable and with his hock problems wasn't something I wanted to continue to breed.

Thankfully I have another pedigreed buck with great hocks and I've kept a tri son of Ajax back who also has great hocks.

I am sorry to hear about your buck. They bring us so much joy, it is really tough to loose them. You did the right thing by him.

Sorry man ,

I'm in the same situation with my original lilac doe (from MSD's Evil Blue) who has failed to give me a litter this year , she missed every time starting in September of 2016 thru this month. She's just taking up space at this point and needs to be culled. I wont be able to eat her .... so she'll end up feeding the plants much like yours tho I may save the pelt , If and When I can bring myself to do the deed .....

Any other rabbit would have been long since dispatched ....

Latest posts

Back