I need another rabbit like I need another.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
RABBIT!!!! went to TSC this morning to pick up dog food, and what should be in a trough-- uh-uh--
6 white babies. Yep== there are only 5 there now!!! I took the only one with some Cal smudging on it. A little buck. figure if he grows fast enough, maybe I can get some blue eyed babies out of Wilma.

notice, newcomers- I did not ask permission to get this baby-- after all, I KNOW what the answer would be!!

Little Stinker is on my shoulder right now, exploring my ears and neck He tickles!! He is also very calm---

Wait till he sees the tattoo clamp!!!

MaggieJ":38ei269x said:
LOL Terry! Whose permission would you ask? Connor's? The other rabbits'?

Enjoy!
Connor was very happy to see a new charge-- and the other 4 rabbits-- well, I have been told as long as there are plenty of scritches and food, they will share me...
Now, what do I name this Little stinker? And I sure hope he hits 9 pounds!

You should post pictures dear! It's so dang hard not to get those bunnies at the feed store this time of year..I've been sending my husband to get the rabbit and dogs food so I don't happen upon any that I must bring home :oops: especially since I went from 2 cages to 15 in a week and only have 2 buns atm...but that could be a flawed plan too since he brought home one of those rabbits from a feed store! :lol: They sound adorable! Especially cali marked babies-I think they might be the cutest ;)

-I am TRYING to get a pic up in post-- not working for me---I was successful in getting some pics into the gallery, but I want IN POST!!!!! So, off to see if I can't download a pic editor to downsize the pixels

Here he is-- and his name is 'Rascal'-- as in 'Wascally Wabbit"
Rascal 002.JPG

He is being so calm, and I think he is barely 4 weeks

MaggieJ":1xgfskkp said:
What a sweetie! :happy:

Glad you got the pictures working, Terry.

I hope I remember HOW I did it!!! :D

And see what I mean by light smudging? The coloring is so light, his feet, tail, ears and legs only look 'dirty'

I think its temp on whites, in general-- cold temps darken the hair that is exposed or just under the skin-- but I know this is just poor coloring on him, as it goes all the way down the shaft. who knows, perhaps when he molts, the only dark stuff will be on the nose(his darkest area) the others were all pure white, and I am assuming, littermates.he ate well last night, this morning, but has no idea what to do with the apple piece! it is so hard to not hold him all day!!!

What a Cutie !!! Yeah... guess i would want to hold him too.

( and about Remembering' how to do the picture thingy... don't bet on it ! When i tried to add the pic of the Chins... i kept trying to 'copy' the picture for resizing... could not figure out Why it did not copy. DURRRR... i forgot to right click to 'paste' the copy to my file.......Senior Moment.....lol)

mountainrabbits":3axhlg9b said:
I went from 2 cages to 15 in a week and only have 2 buns atm;)

CAUTION: Those empty cages are begging to be filled... I bought some used carriers from a guy last week that was trying to cut back on rabbits. He was selling off the majority of his rabbit cages. He said that he couldn't stand to have empty cages, so the only way he could reduce his numbers was to get rid of the cages. I totally know the feeling. :x

Janine

downonthefarm":15kt7rv7 said:
mountainrabbits":15kt7rv7 said:
I went from 2 cages to 15 in a week and only have 2 buns atm;)

CAUTION: Those empty cages are begging to be filled... I bought some used carriers from a guy last week that was trying to cut back on rabbits. He was selling off the majority of his rabbit cages. He said that he couldn't stand to have empty cages, so the only way he could reduce his numbers was to get rid of the cages. I totally know the feeling. :x

Janine
:oops: I know you are right...very very right in fact...but it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up! They are big stackable cages from Bass, came with hay racks, solid bottomed feeders AND a little gravity fed auto watering system...they fit perfectly where I want my rabbits to go-the stackable helps immensely with cutting down lumber costs-all I need now is to get rail road ties and backfill in some gravel to help with drainage over there and I need to build a shed/roof over the area, I'm thinking I may leave the one side open for air flow and since it's closed in by chain link fence the honeysuckle and wisteria will fill the fence in the summer time and I could put up plastic when the flowers aren't blooming...my theory was that if I got them I would fill my space with cages and then I can't expand any more so I will have to be very careful and take a long time to fill the cages...and I won't have to pay a ton for cages when I want to add a doe in the future!

Latest posts

Back