I LOST a kit...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tegan

Reaction score
Not in as, it died, or anything. I actually physically lost it. As in one day there, the next day POOF. Normally when they hit the two week mark their numbers are pretty set it seems. I had one drowned in the water dish out of Turkey's litter this time round, (freak accident thing) and so she had three left. Went to check them a few days ago and she was down to two. Not in the other box with the others. I searched the colony. I searched the rest of the basement. I can't find the darn thing. I would say it just died and mom and or others ate it, but I feel this kit was too big for that to happen. And there's no "evidence" in the bedding. I've searched the colony and the basement everyday and can't find it. So it's been three days, and still no stink, like I would expect. I'm just....baffled. No chance of predators, the colony is in my basement.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that Tegan. :( I hope you find it somewhere soon. Bless your heart!

How strange. :shock:

Is there any possibility of a rat in the basement?

I doubt it but I suppose it's possible. Nothing missing before then (that couldn't be explained) and nothing so far after. It's just so darn weird!

:shock: wow... maybe its got a super awesome hiding spot you missed? ninja bunny?
hm..... did you move everything? my first thought (my basement isnt as most peoples are though :roll: ) would be it is a super hider and somehow smashed itself into some tiny crevise somewhere somehow. next thought would be snakes (yes my room is in the basement and i would not be surprised in the least to find a snake in here! :lol: keeps things interesting ;) ).
then my last thought would be one of the hideys or houses or something has gotten moved or tipped and trapped or smushed the missing kit.

I had a six week old kit go missing. Nothing, barn door was closed, holes were patched. Every bunny that's every went missing showed up a few hours later. Not him. Just gone.

Still can't find the bugger....still no dead animal smell (the shelter I used to work at poisoned their rodent problem...i know the smell well.) This one will probably remain a mystery...

MamaSheepdog":1biq35ev said:
Have you had any children visiting that may have smuggled it out?

Spoken like a knowing parent!!!

yes, check UNDER things-- in the meantime, set out a bowl of food and water for it--

Lol...nope no kids (except mine who knows better and cant get into the colony anyway.) Its been about a week with assuming no food or water.... kit wasnt weened when it went missing. So if it is around yet I doubt its still alive

Back