I knew she looked big...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovehome

Reaction score
But I did not expect her to have 12!!! This is my largest elop litter ever! Sweetie Pie had the smallest litter of two a few weeks ago, and now she had the largest. They are pretty evenly sized, too. Fortunately, I have another doe who gave birth to three live kits two days ago and they are all blue...so four of these will be raised by Betty Crocker and I will still know who belongs to whom. :D The stinker did not pull a lick of fur though, and I had just arrived home while she was cleaning them up. I had a big box of fur, so they are snuggled up now. Happy day--hope it lasts!

Attachments

• IMG_4117.jpg
    IMG_4117.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 458
:congratulations:

I'm glad you can give some to Betty Crocker to raise. 12 is a lot!

Their ears just kill me... so big already!

One of the bigger ones died overnight, so we are down to eleven, with two of them being a little smaller than the others. Each doe has seven to raise now. Mom seems relieved, but she is a toot. She gets in the nest box and digs with the kits in it. I'm afraid she will squash them or cut them so the nest was pulled tonight. She usually gets over this in a day or two. I will post pics of this litter as they grow. This is the first broken to broken breeding I've done, hoping for a nicely typed charlie to breed to my solids for more brokens. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:36 am __________ <br /><br /> All 11 kits are still thriving. For those of you interested in the ears, I thought I would post weekly pics so you can see how they grow. The kits are 7-9 days old today.

Attachments

• IMG_4146.jpg
    IMG_4146.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_4148.jpg
    IMG_4148.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 334
Those ears are getting big! They look absolutly adorable.
Have you been able to put the nest back in the cage without her trying to dig them out?

Yes, I put them back in 24 hours later. She seems to do this for just 24-48 hours, and then settles down to being a wonderful mom.

Kits are 15-17 day old now.

Attachments

• IMG_4189.jpg
    IMG_4189.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4187.jpg
    IMG_4187.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 220
Yes, two broken blues and a solid blue from Betty. The other 11 from Sweetie Pie are torts and fawns, mostly broken...but I can't tell which are Charlies and which are true brokens because they all have about the same amount of color! Didn't know that would happen when breeding broken to broken.

Latest posts

Back