I just got an ADORABLE surprise!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle@theWintertime

Reaction score
So a couple days ago I bought a bunch of rabbits for someone, and decided to snag a cute little doe for myself. She's a Dutch cross but nobody knew what she'd been crossed with. I figured it didn't much matter, she's a cute mutt who'll be useful to me...so I named her Tootsie and put the question of parentage out of my mind.

WELL GUESS WHAT. I went out to feed her and ONE OF HER EARS HAS LOPPED. When I lifted it into a proper upright position, it just plopped back down, LOL! The second ear moves between airplane-position and fully lopped, too. :)

Her cuteness factor just went up by a factor of ten. :)

1150941_595813757128766_1911225812_n.jpg

1173694_595813777128764_853998673_n.jpg

1009851_595813807128761_1460976107_n.jpg

I kinda hope she really is a lop cross...because that's just ridiculously adorable. :)

Oh my word!

Better sell those kits to the cat guy before their ears lop, or I foresee a forest of loppies overrunning your dad's backyard! :lol:

MamaSheepdog":2on4rgd2 said:
Oh my word!

Better sell those kits to the cat guy before their ears lop, or I foresee a forest of loppies overrunning your dad's backyard! :lol:

LOL already dispatched/processed them all, and I got word that his kitty is loving it. :) So I'm safe from the Lop Invasion!!! ;) However, makes me wonder if I could get MOAR loppy kits if I get a buck kit out of her that is colorful AND loppy. Or I might see if I can breed her to a friend's lops...one of my Mini Rex has a date with her lop buck tomorrow for an F1 Plush Lop experiment. ;)<br /><br />__________ Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:03 pm __________<br /><br />Or did you mean her future kits? 'Cause I can cherry-pick the best ones and hold them back, and all the others can be kittychow. :)

Kyle@theHeathertoft":3alw0rjo said:
Or did you mean her future kits?

:yeahthat:

Or I might see if I can breed her to a friend's lops

Yeah! Go for it! :p Make it a broken, too , please!

one of my Mini Rex has a date with her lop buck tomorrow for an F1 Plush Lop experiment. ;)

That will be fun! Are you going to keep a brother/sister and breed them to each other, or???

That will be fun! Are you going to keep a brother/sister and breed them to each other, or???

Yep!!! :) The buck is supposedly a genetic "charlie" but he's got a lot of color for a charlie...his first litter is due in a week and he's been bred to a solid doe of hers, so we shall see!!! My plan is indeed to hold back the best and loppiest pair of kits, then breed them to hopefully score the genetic jackpot: Plush Lops!!! Any that don't make the cut, well...cat food. :)

I had a bit of an epiphany...I don't sell pets, usually, because I worry about where they will go and what kind of life they will have. I think I'm going to put a little more faith in humanity...and possibly tattoo my phone number or email addy into an ear before sale, LOL, so they can always find their way back to me if neccessary. ;) But anyways...I realized something. Crossbred kits from two pedigreed, registered show animals free from defects is better than some of the careless, ignorant hacks who sell pets around here...so I will be offering better-quality, healthy animals and I'm going to get care guides and stuff to send with 'em too. Healthier, better-quality animals are IMO more likely to not be dumped or rehomed.

I plan to cull heavily for temperament and quality. :) Something that I KNOW many of the local pet-breeders don't do. :p

And pet sales might offset my growing feed bill. :mrgreen: Gosh it'd be nice to break even for once!!! :lol:

Aw, what a cutie, and good luck with all your projects, Kyle! :D Also, thanks for supplying good pets to the market. It's hard to find people like yourself to deal with, and I'm sure you know that.

Can I say cuteeeeee! Love it. Yea what peach said! We could use you on the lop side of the show room... :mrgreen:

Asinaway":bk7indu3 said:
Can I say cuteeeeee! Love it. Yea what peach said! We could use you on the lop side of the show room... :mrgreen:

LOL nooooo, I don't have room for my MR, side projects AND some ML!!! :p

In other news...I'm almost worried Nellie's already out-produced herself. :shock: I think Fathead, the "buck" kit, may well be a doe.......and s/he is NICE. Not that Pokerface isn't maturing awesomely but...Fathead, SO NICE. I...I don't know what I'll do if both are keeper-does!!! :eek:

Not sure Pokerface will make min. jr. weight by the next show, but Fathead is already two pounds...I'm anxious to hear a judge's opinions on the little porker. :)

Back