I have leptospirosis

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayna

Reaction score
I went back to the doctor today. He diagnosed me based on symptoms. I had about a gallon of blood drawn today... okay really about 30 cc's but it felt like a gallon.

I start treatment today.

Just what I needed! Not the flu though so at least it's treatable. :) I guess it's not unusual here.

wow... Your doc must be a good one. Most wouldn't even suspect that and send you off with flu medication!
How did they determine the diagnosis? Just on symptoms alone (as you said)? That bacteria isn't covered with the usual testing, so I am guessing they took a good medical history.
Again, I am impressed ~ they found the zebra among the horses :)

Have others in your area developed this? If so, there may be more zebras in the horse pasture than usual and making them all look more closely.

Hope you feel better quickly.

50% of US cases of lepto occur in Hawaii so it's not uncommon here. I think, likely, he's seen it before. Plus I mentioned that I've been battling rats. Stupid creatures got me back I guess.

dayna":3i728s6h said:
50% of US cases of lepto occur in Hawaii so it's not uncommon here. I think, likely, he's seen it before. Plus I mentioned that I've been battling rats. Stupid creatures got me back I guess.
ahh... here in New Mexico that diagnosis would be impressive, lol!
Glad you are on your way with treatment. And I hope the suctioning blood by the gallon is over :shock:

Whoa! I didn't even know humans could get Lepto- but it is often included in vaccines for dogs.

From one Sheepdog to another...

WOOF!

I am glad you found out what the problem is, and hope that you will recover quickly with treatment! :clover:

Wow, I am so glad your doctor sleuthed it out, and now you can get well!!!

Take good care of yourself, and get well quickly!

You are in our prayers. We're pulling for you! :cheer1: :cheer2: :cheer1: :cheer2: :cheer1:

Lets just say that my body is not reacting so well to the antibiotics. :( grrrr

Last night I spent the whole night puking them up. Today I was able to take an anti nausea pill before taking them and it made them a bit better but I was stuck in bed with a raging headache till about 230pm. I have a farm folks. Goats that have to be milked. This was unacceptable. I had to wait for my husband to come home from work to get most of the days farm chores done. I don't know how much longer I can handle this. :(

I feel so bad and have felt so sick for so long. THREE WEEKS of in the bed sick. Fever, headache, nausea, weight loss. I look like a walking skeleton right now. I NEED to get better.

Talk to the doctor, maybe there's a different antibiotic you can take that won't make you sick. :( As long as you're not allergic to them, there should be some options.

Or... he might give you phenergan suppositories, to help keep you from throwing them up. Not fun, and I have to admit that when they gave them to me to keep me from throwing up while I was pregnant, the way it made me feel made me stop after the first one. I preferred the nausea and throwing up. But it might not do the same to you.

:(

Latest posts

Back