I have a question about rebuilding a pedigree

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandits Bunny Farm

Reaction score
So I may end up keeping that broken chestnut mini lop buck. Here's his story:

My friend Brittani found him on their front lawn. (This is a PUREBRED Mini Lop.) They are almost positive that he belongs to their neighbor down the street who apparently does rabbits too. They have gone over there a couple of times and asked if it was theirs, and they said no. they think what had happened was that they left him on their lawn and assumed they would take them in. Obviously, since he was abandoned, he has no pedigree (at least that I'm aware of), so if I keep him, I am going to have to sort of rebuild his pedigree.

The only mini lop doe I have right now is a chestnut. So if I breed the broken chestnut to the chestnut, will I only get chestnuts (broken and solid?) or will I get other agouti colors???

You cannot rebuild that Rabbits Pedigree!
Where it stands now the Rabbit in question has no Pedigree,
what you do know is that he/she is a purebred Mini lop.
You can use him as the Sire on your next breeding and He
becomes the first on the pedigree you build for his offspring.
Eventually through breeding his offspring, then breeding the
offspring of the offspring you will eventually build a full pedigree.
This will take quite a few breeding's and perhaps a few years,
but it will eventually happen. The easiest way would be to agree to
purchase the pedigree of the Buck from those who first owned him.
Good luck, with perseverance you WILL reach your GOAL!
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

:yeahthat:
You cannot rebuild his particular pedigree but you can start one for his great grand children :)

A rabbit pedigree just needs 3 generations, which can take less than 2 years in rabbits if you keep breeding siblings at 6 months old, if you breed back to this buck his side of the pedigree will not have any grand or great grand parents listed.

Latest posts

Back