I have a lot of questions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@hall.nick1781 I deeply apologize for the thread hijack, it was very rude.
Same. It was me who started it and I'm the one who takes responsibility. Your post was necessary pushback, eloquently written! I still would love to hear your philosophy part of the discussion but it needs it's own post. Sorry OP

Why in the world would the vet say she was going to absorb the babies? That's bizarre. She's pregnant she's probably going to have a bunch of babies and if you don't get the buck out of there she's going to have a bunch more LOL that's what rabbits do. That's why they say "_____ like rabbits" LOL

Congratulations! Not at all surprised. I would have been shocked if she had 'absorbed' them.

IMO most vets are not helpful - but good at pushing shots & meds.

Obviously he didn't know what he was talking about when he said she would absorb them. . . .. so, maybe be careful following his suggestions.

(his/hers/theirs/whatever)

Obviously he didn't know what he was talking about when he said she would absorb them. . . .. so, maybe be careful following his suggestions.
Well they can reabsorb them, up til around the 21st day of gestation. Maybe he was thinking the stress of going to the vets and the ultrasound would be enough to trigger that? But then, vets don't get much training at all on rabbits; much better to ask advice from experienced breeders ;)

Well they can reabsorb them, up til around the 21st day of gestation. Maybe he was thinking the stress of going to the vets and the ultrasound would be enough to trigger that? But then, vets don't get much training at all on rabbits; much better to ask advice from experienced breeders ;)
This is very true! They have more training on large livestock and on things like cats and dogs. Even when they are getting "Exotics" classes it is mainly for birds and some primates, by my experience, all other exotics are more of a blip.

When I was going through my Vet Tech classes I was actually able to bring more information into the classes for my fellow classmates and give them more experiences by bringing my rabbits into the room and sharing what I knew from my years of breeding prior to going to school.

Back