I Feel Like I'm 10

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kotapony

Reaction score
My family has never been big on Christmas presents. I mean, yes, we get each other presents, but we were never the strict "do not open till Xmas" kind of people. Big stuff we kinda got throughout the year as we needed it, and then just did smaller gifts at Christmas. Hubby's family has always been the opposite. They never spent much during the year, but then made Christmas a big deal. Hubby is ALWAYS trying to surprise me, and I have the subtlety level of a brick wall.

So a few weeks ago I find an ad on craigslist for a used saddle. It's exactly the model I'd have bought new if I'd had the money, and is in like new condition. It's around $150 cheaper than a new one, but still a lot. I don't mention it to hubby but I chew on it a few weeks. It's a lot to spend on something I don't REALLY need. I finally cave and call to see if it's still available and find out the model number (it wasn't posted in the ad). It's exactly what I want, and I tell the lady I'll have to clear it with hubby before I can commit. I try to talk hubby into it, and he, in a nutshell, says no. But in a way that if I were less like a brick wall, I'd have realized what he was up to. He was really trying to get me to wait so he could go behind my back and surprise me with it for Christmas. I just wasn't getting his hints. So he finally sighed, caved, told me what he had hoped to do, and had me call the lady back and arrange to get it shipped here. Bless his heart, he wants so badly to surprise me with something, and I manage to ruin it every time. But anyway, the saddle arrived today and is now sitting in its box, unopened, under the tree. He's making me wait till Christmas to open it. I'm going crazy. I hate waiting. I feel like I'm 10 again. I love my hubby. :D

Your sweet Husband has his revenge now, doesn't he? Watching you circle the tree anxiously, just itching to get your hands on it!

I got my first new saddle for my birthday this year, and when I opened it and put it on the portable rack- in the living room- I circled it for HOURS just admiring it and glowing with satisfaction. My kids kept pestering me with "Mom! When are you going to sit on it?" but I just couldn't bring myself to do it! :lol: It was a long time before it finally moved into the tack shed!

Merry Christmas!

You children are ALL alike!
Can never relax and wait for anything.
Nice of your husband to get you what you really wanted!
Now I know it's slightly off topic but,
I only answered this post to say:
I hope everybody has a Happy Joyous Christmas and gets
whatever their heart desires without forgetting
what this holiday Celebration is REALLY about.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jesus! Thank you for being!
Happy Christmas, Quanza, Chanukah or whatever else is your choice.
Dennis, C.V.R.

Aw your husband sounds sweet! But im happy your getting what you want for christmas. Id be like jumping up and down excited :bounce: :lol:
My boyfriend is the opposite..he cant do a surprise if his life depended on it LOL He always ends up giving me hints then just telling me lol I already know what im getting for christmas..well i know the big present im getting but idk about what else. lol Hope you have a great christmas! :)

my hubby likes to make a point of wrapping everything really well.. and then pointing it all out to me... :) there are three under the tree that I'm curious about....

ALL I really want for Christmas is a new clock! :) And not even a fancy one.. one with big letters on it, that keeps time accurately and that I can read at night with my glasses off. NO radio, no weird flashing lights, just a basic simply digital clock... wonder if that's what I'll actually get? ARGH!!!! itching fingers..... :)

But you do have a very sweet hubby. :) enjoy the suspense of waiting. :)

I am getting two Chocolate Rex Rabbits for Christmas, which is enough for me, but hubs HAS to put something under the tree that is a surprise....he usually does pretty good....
Your hubs sounds really sweet...

Latest posts

Back