I don't think we are going to have any babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmfarm

Reaction score
It is now day 34 and 35 for the rabbits and no babies :cry: . I guess I will try and rebreed them today and keep trying until they seem interested on their own this time. If nothing happens again I guess I will have to butcher them. I do have 4 more rabbits due in about a week (3 to the same buck as the older 3 that didn't have babies, and 1 to a different buck). So at least I will have some soon. And I have an order for them (the 4 due next week) for a meat pen for one of the county livestock shows.

The does may still surprise you, so don't take the nests out until day 40 or so. You can try to breed them anytime though- it wont hurt them if they are pregnant, and may stimulate labor if they are.

Good luck with next weeks' does! That's great that you have sales lined up already! :D

I figured I would leave the nest boxes a little longer just in case. After ready threw this whole board I did read some stories of surprise litters when people where about to give up (or already had). Maybe now that I have decided that they aren't going to have any they will just to spite me.

cmfarm":1hkx5vfc said:
I figured I would leave the nest boxes a little longer just in case. After ready threw this whole board I did read some stories of surprise litters when people where about to give up (or already had). Maybe now that I have decided that they aren't going to have any they will just to spite me.

I've had does before that took 36 days to kindle and I know that I was keeping accurate records when it happened. Everything went fine.

Latest posts

Back