I don't need angora, I don't need angora, I don't...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
Say it with me! :help:
But ohhhhh!! They are so CUTE!
I found some pedigreed French within my budget that are possibly within driving distance of me. My dad has a soft spot for fluffy anything (don't tell him I know that), and I think fluffy buns would be totally awesome! Even if I just kept it clipped short... one or two couldn't be too much trouble...right? Or maybe one of every color. Can't go wrong there, right?
Dang it! Now I'm going to be up for the rest of the night googling angora care. LOL

(For the record, I know absolutely nothing about wool, spinning, knitting, any of that...nada. But gosh, fluffies!!)

Yes you do!

not that I'm biased or anything... :p

Frenchies are great, less care than the other angora breeds, beautiful wool, and thy do grow into nice meat rabbits, though they grow a bit slow. I say go for it!

I also find that due to the extra handling my angoras get vs. my champagnes just for the grooming alone (and smooshing all that fluff around, who can resist?!) that they are super friendly. Fall out of the door oh please pick me up friendly. Not all angoras are this way (depends on how much attention they get, of course...), but I've had people pick my kits out of an anonymous crowd due to temperament alone. :)

...woo Alright, I've been staring idly/reading/watching about grooming for so long now, my head hurts. I need some sleep. I think I can handle it, but I'll read up more later.
I'll have to plead my mother for a ride. Distance and a drivable route have been a really problematic in finding healthy rabbits that I can get anywhere near, but I think the old car can do it.
The ad said the kits would be ready in October and, oh, would you look at that...it's October! 8D

Dooooo it!!! This world needs more angora addicts. ;)
Personally, I love my English, but yes, all the extra handling they get makes most angoras very friendly. And hey, if you do decide to take up handspinning, knitting, etc, you would already have your hands full of fiber. :)
- TBF

Mum believes the car can make it! Now I need to hurry and make the $$ for one or two...

I've been "wanting" angora for a while ('cause they sound win-win-win all around in every aspect), but refrained from looking too far into them. But once I saw those shaggy kit pics, my resolve's gone out the window.
I'm desperate for bunnies. :lol:

Buying my trio of French Angoras was one of my best decisions. They are beautiful rabbits. My first litter is due October 13, 2014. I can't wait.

So for a while it looked like I wouldn't be able to get them after all. :( Things changed and a trip was out of the question...
Well today, I stalked the ad again and they'd updated it - they'll soon be coming to a town very close to me! :p Now that I can reach.
Fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back