I bartered six good rabbits, one usless rabbit and two hens

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
And got these!

The parents are being called Pot Bellied Pigs but have nice long straight faces so pure they aint! But they are nice and small and good tempered so these little piggies shall hopefully be the same.

Two girls and a boy. Plan is to eat the boy and breed the girls to produce a kind of living larder.

They are wild as ticks right now, the last picture I am being told one more step and I am outta here! :lol:

What a great trade! :p

How do you plan to keep them from rooting under the fence? When we eventually build our pig pen, I was thinking that we would have to lay fencing on the ground and attach it to the upright fence to keep them from rooting under or pushing the fence up.

MamaSheepdog":eya79cyk said:
What a great trade! :p

How do you plan to keep them from rooting under the fence? When we eventually build our pig pen, I was thinking that we would have to lay fencing on the ground and attach it to the upright fence to keep them from rooting under or pushing the fence up.

The fence is dug down a foot or so. Its the chicken pen I built to be raccoon proof so its pretty hard to get out of.

The little blighters didnt dig at all where they cam from but as they are now in an area with deep, richly manured soil - chickens and rabbits both lived there for two years - they are digging HUGE holes.

Ah well, as long as they dont escape it keeps them happy.

Heritage Homestead":1r427f63 said:
Good trade! Love the looks. :dinner: :mrgreen:

Yeh, I keep seeing them, in my head, in a roasting pan all crisp with crackling :p

MamaSheepdog":34a7n337 said:

If you can, run a single line of hotwire fence along the outside of the fence, about 3-6 inches high.

Back