I am so-o-o ashamed...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cmfarm":3nmqyii1 said:
CochinBrahmaLover":3nmqyii1 said:
I hope you'll add some roosts or blocks of wood for the chickens while they're in there.. They aren't really meant to be on wire, they have much more sensitive feet than rabbits and no covering on them (ie fur).

They look good otherwise though

Chickens seen to have pretty tough skin on their feet. Show people often keep chickens on wire to keep them cleaner.
I've never known a shower who kept their chickens on wire.. I mean, it won't kill them, but their toes can curl (like factory hens), or get scraped up (this shouldn't be a huge deal if the wire is a good grade). For the smaller breeds at least I know several who keep them similar to rabbits, but with solid flooring and shavings. But yeah, never known a single shower who kept their birds on wire, at the fair they're on solid flooring too.

I'd just make sure they have an area where they can stand on solid flooring. Granted I've had birds whose skin was softer than mine, but most are fairly durable, yeah, but I wouldn't keep birds on wire myself. If they're doing fine now it shouldn't be a big deal. But the wire has to do with that too.

MamaSheepdog":3fh5rpky said:
Yes, I have fallen far, and answered the siren song of housing chickens (CHICKENS!) in rabbit cages.
:shock: Have I gone :cuckoo: ??? For as long as I can remember, MSD has been very clear about inter-species equipment usage: :nono:
When I first saw this, I had to go back and check the date it was posted. I have been tight on time and not getting to all posts. "Surely," thinks I, "this post occured on April 1, and MSD will come back to all the poor, unsuspecting souls who say, 'why, I too share rabbit cages with any and everything that crawls, waddles, wiggles or flops into them.' THEN," thinks I, "she will :frypan: and :walkplank: "

But it wasn't April fools. :| I am so confused. The world is out of order. What next? Dogs and cats holding paws and humming "kumbaya"? Squirrels gleaning the fields and restocking people's birdfeeders? Honest politicians?? I am very, very scared. Somebody hug me, quick! :boxed:
Although I must admit everything looks really terrific. Which I had chickens. I'd totally do that.

Being a keeper of "ANYTHING that fits" in rabbit cages myself I didnt even know it was unusual!

Seemingly I have been harboring this desease unbenownst to myself.

*sigh*

Ah well, seems I am in good company! :lol:

I must admit though, I have never had a large black rooster with a blue halo in a rabbit cage before. :shock:

mystang89":1mt61r4d said:
lol, i was wondering if you had put your chickens in the rabbit cages :D

Ok, now I am really confused! :runaround: Mystang is here, and he's not making use of this opportunity to :pokeeye: MSD?? 'Stang, you ok, buddy??

Is everyone being :puppet: by some unseen force? Has :money: exchanged hands? Has some weird :cauldron: been cast causing everyone to :grouphug2: WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???

This calls for some serious intervention to get rid of this weird juju. Calling in the experts:

:hex: :hex: :pop: :priest: :indian: :clover: :wizard: :clown: :hex: :hex:

Holy smoke, MSD!!!
nooo_don__t_leave__c_by_dbestarchitect.gif
You have sooooo many animals!!
nuu.gif
It's not even funny anymore...
shifty.gif

I quite liked the "Yankee Ingenuity" of your gate latches...and I'm all about removable partitions....keep being flexible and you'll never grow old. :homesick:

Latest posts

Back