I am related to everyone...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessie15273

Reaction score
I have been friends with this guy for a while :-D :-D ... I have always liked him, he was my first crush! :in_love: i still really like him, over 5 years later :up: :up: We just started hanging out more and people we saying he was going to ask me out :lovers: ...

Today I found out he is my cousin- 3rd cousin, twice removed to be exact...
:cry: :furious: :weep: :wall: :rant: :badmood: :allalone: :explode:

It seems as if I am destined to be an old cat rabbit lady. I really dont even know what to say right now, and I have no one to talk to about it

In Japan, 1st cousins are a go. If you really like him, and he likes you, 3rd cousins isn't that big a deal even by American standards, right? Especially since he's twice removed! That means he's only related by marriage, right? I say ask him out, it's not weird at all.

-HRanchito":3j3x5mli said:
In Japan, 1st cousins are a go. If you really like him, and he likes you, 3rd cousins isn't that big a deal even by American standards, right? Especially since he's twice removed! That means he's only related by marriage, right? I say ask him out, it's not weird at all.

But I dont think either of our families would really like it... I think they would feel it is too awkward :cry:
Thankyou for your opinion. I personally would go for it, but i think it may scare him off a bit.

Your state allows cousins to get married, All states allow second cousins, third cousins isnt even an issue. Probably lots of people small towns married to relatives and dont even know it. I bet it would surprise a whole lot of married people to have dna testing done that live in small towns.

http://www.cousincouples.com/?page=states

jessie15273":32lms1oy said:

And?????

I don't get it?????

Is it taboo where you're from????

Let's see, 2nd cousins is my Mom's cousin. 3rd cousin would be like my Mom's 2nd cousins child?

I don't know but I'll tell ya that there isn't much of a taboo except in first cousins that I know of.

Go for it! :cheerleader:

If they are removed...does that mean no blood relation? Then I don't see how it matters..

i don't get the issue either..... but I"m from a neck of woods where cousins marrying cousins happens...it's really no big deal.

I would say no problems with that! With my husband and I its kind of a running joke about our 2 families getting togather. His (paternal)grandpa's 3 sisters married my (maternal) grandpa's 3 brothers!

If you are 3rd cousins by marriage, you are not blood related....I don't see the issue...

I must live in hillbilly hell, but one of my best friends is currently dating her second cousin. She tells me that since they share DNA, and she's so awesome, that's why he's awesome too and they get along so well.

My rabbits always seem to get along quite well with their first cousins. Also i have an aunt in alabama that married her first cousin. But thats alabama, I hear some are a bit differnt down there.

Don't worry I'll end up being that old animal lady as well, but if your looking for something a bit different, then don't let third cousins bother you. You should read the discussion we are having about genetics in another forum. Pretty much most racial/ethnic groups were created and maintained by marrying relations ...
Geographical isolation happens even in American, even though we have reached the age of speedy travel, many people still never leave the place they grew up in.
For instance, my racial genetic pool is relatively small, it's pretty likely that if I ever met someone, that person would most likely be related to in in some way. My mom has at least 7 brothers and sisters, her mom has 8 brothers and sisters, and so on and so on, enough to fill up a small town in Alabama.
Do they actually make people get DNA tests when they get married? I though that was just on TV.

"Twice removed" means they are still related by blood. Third cousin twice removed = the grandparent of one and the great great grandparent of the other were first cousins.

Removed means a difference in generation. For example, my father's first cousin and I are each others' first cousin once removed.

themangoavenger":4phhceu1 said:
"Twice removed" means they are still related by blood. Third cousin twice removed = the grandparent of one and the great great grandparent of the other were first cousins.

Removed means a difference in generation. For example, my father's first cousin and I are each others' first cousin once removed.

Thanks for explaining it to everyone! Ive been looking up a lot of stuff, and he is realated<br /><br />__________ Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:14 pm __________<br /><br />
concreteblonde":4phhceu1 said:
jessie15273":4phhceu1 said:

And?????

I don't get it?????

Is it taboo where you're from????

Let's see, 2nd cousins is my Mom's cousin. 3rd cousin would be like my Mom's 2nd cousins child?

I don't know but I'll tell ya that there isn't much of a taboo except in first cousins that I know of.

Go for it! :cheerleader:

Everyone thinks its weird here... Oh well, we can go down south, he said hes always wanted to live there before hmmmm.
But we still have a year to go before then.

They dont care if its 3rd cousin twice removed here, its just always "HES YOUR COUSIN"

You probably wouldn't be willing to cull your offspring to prevent bad traits being set in the blood line. Right?

I have 1st cousins who have 4 kids together and the bad news is, the dad's parents were also 1st cousins. That gene pool is rather stagnant. The family tree looks like a stump. More bad news is that the dad is now in prison and the mom just got her parental rights of all 6 of her kids severed. Let just say, may be that line needed some culling.

We had a laugh about cousin marriages when doing our family genealogy. My grandfather married a second cousin the first time, and they eventually moved to California and got divorced. What does he do?? Drives half way across the country to marry my grandmother, his second cousin twice removed...You mean to tell me there weren't any worthwhile women in California in 1940??!!???!!!!!

Latest posts

Back