I am getting along better with my Holland Lop

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassdawg

Reaction score
I just want to update all you who helped me . Annabell does come to me now an puts her head under my hand an i pet her a lot .She does not bite me unless i am trying to catch her .When i go to put her down she really trys to wiggle out of my hands i really have to hang on .
Bill

Bill, this is excellent-- next step-- hold her, but before she starts to struggle, gently put her down-- her tolerance for being held will increase when she realizes the 'holding' does end, and she is not getting hurt...

That is great!! If possible put her down butt first--seeing the floor coming makes them struggle to jump to it. Kind of back her out of your arms, so that her feet hit before she is aware that she is getting set down. Feet suspended over space seems to freak mine out, so I try to keep my hand or fingers under their hind legs as much as possible--Not easy with a larger rabbit, so be careful. Kind of like keeping a chicken's wings folded, you can keep their hind legs folded tight to their body when you set them down.

I do kind of the opposite.... When my rabbits(netherlands) struggle to get back in their cage, I pull them back into my arms and tell them in a gentle voice no and then retry until they can go in calmly.... pretty soon they realize they only get put down if they behave.... It works well for my rabbits... I am still having to work with some of my newer rabbits and teach them the 'rules' of our household...

KatzNetherlands":14yl8jhv said:
I do kind of the opposite.... When my rabbits(netherlands) struggle to get back in their cage, I pull them back into my arms and tell them in a gentle voice no and then retry until they can go in calmly.... pretty soon they realize they only get put down if they behave.

I do this too, and it seems to work here also. :)

Latest posts

Back