Hubby saved his first buny

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randtrabbitry

Reaction score
Last night was the first cold below freezing night we had. Hubby who normally does not go with me to the barn decided to tag along. He did a basic check of the rabbits while i was weighing some fryers to see if they were ready to sell. He came over and helped me finish up then we started making rounds getting the water bottles unfrozen. And there it was lay frozen stiff on the wire he started apologizing saying he did not see it, I said it was ok and get out to see if its alive. Well it was breathing but it was cold and stiff so he hurried back inside tuned up the heater and put the bunny on his belly within the hour he was snuggling with a very lively baby and told me we got to keep it. LOL

Well i check this am and bunny is still fine. I marked its ears figured if its a doe i might keep it. Yes he surprised me when he took over the care of the bunny normally i do these things.

Reminds me of when my hubby decided to TRY to pose our ND's and was taking pictures! He knows NOTHING about rabbits! LOL It was cute, and worth the laugh!

I'd say your hubby is a great support system! :)

If I run across one, I put it (head up) in my shirt pocket, under my coat. Since it takes me about a half hour morning and evening to care for the rabbits, the kit is either starting to resuscitate or known to be a goner by the time I finish my chores. If it is starting to wiggle a bit I know that I can take it inside and get it up to muster. I still keep it in my shirt pocket. I sort of think that the beating of my heart is medicinal. I do this no matter what, as most of the time there is no sign of the kit breathing. Every kit that has started to wiggle on its own in half an hour has lived and done well.

Back