How to use Animax/Calf Manna supplement

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmysMacdog

Reaction score
I had a problem with my two American does recently. They both had large litters and the bunnies were thin and one of the mothers was thin so I got some Animax to add to their pellets. I've been giving them a tablespoon twice a day. Everybody is doing fine and has gained weight and I have two beautiful litters coming along, 1 about 2 weeks old and the other 10 days old. The litters were both large with 11 in one and 12 in the other, the smallest kits didn't make it before getting the mothers on the Animax. These two does have never had large litters before so I need to figure out how to best help them along. They have bounced back quickly but what happened?? I am using Manna Pro. Everybody else looks great. Everybody got BOSS in their food. Not sure what happened this time.
What I read on the calf manna sight is 1 Tb per lactating doe and grow outs. So I was wondering how ya'll use it and for how long. I don't want to put to much weight on the mommas.
Interesting footnote on the 2 litters. Both wound up with 9 bunnies with 1 had 6 blues and 3 whites. The other litter had 6 whites and 3 blues. Unfortunately lost one blue in the second litter to the cold when momma accidently pulled the bunny onto the wire after feeding. It was the biggest one too. :(
Anyway my old rabbits used to always have big litters all the time and they did great so just wanted to know the best way to help these guys. I was planning to breed them again later and wasn't sure when because the pregnancies were hard on them for some reason.

I use calf manna as a supplement for my nursing does. Normally, I provide a pretty much level tablespoon at feeding. I continue this regimen until weaning.

Back