how to get Lilac Chinchilla?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celice

Reaction score
Okay! so I'm going to try getting a nice lilac chinchilla in my meat rabbits and I KNOW that can produce it since I've seen it once and I was dumb and didn't save that buck for breeding so now I've been trying to get it back. What I've done so far is bred a broken black chinchilla doe to a blue sable chinchilla buck the result was a very colorful litter and in it are 2 booted broken chocolate chinchillas IF these kits end up being a buck and doe would breeding them together give me lilac chins?

now I know breeding two brokens will get me charlies so my fall back on that is if one is a doe I'll breed her to her father's brother that is a complete chocolate chinchilla.

can you see mamma's photobombing nose?

untitled_by_tricksters_adopts-d9wz6rv.jpg

Statistically yes

The chocolate kits both carry dilute/blue from their mother

If bred togeather you will only get chocolate (75%) or lilac based offspring (25%)

Because they are sable chin you can only get sable chins or himilayan or REW, unfortunately the later two will hide their genetic colour

I guess I'll just have to see if I can get lucky. The doe is notorious for throwing Brown Eyed Whites but I do know she carries REW The buck dose as well but it's further back in the gene pool but 2 of the kits that are also in this litter are white now if they are REW or BEW I wont know until later. what would I have to do to increase my chances of getting lilac chinchilla?

Not much, other than breeding to a lilac chin :cheesysmile:

The blue doe must carry chocolate so breeding her son back to her will also produce some lilac but you'll also have a chance of black chin and blue chins as well as chocolate chins - you also increase the chance of REW since she is a known carrier and frosties(brown eye white) as she carries non-extension, both of which the chocolate kits could of inherited

Latest posts

Back