How on earth . . .

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half Caper Farm

Reaction score
I've often wondered, how would you move an entire rabbitry?

Every now and then I see ads for, say, 50 rabbits with cages and all equipment. How would you move that many without stressing them, or having to make umpteen trips?

it's called three or four trips with a pick up truck, rabbits in boxes, and putting them in the cages they started out in. keep them on the same feed.

I once moved 25 rabbits to a friends for three weeks while on holidays.

Don't really want to do that again...but would if I absolutely had to.

When we moved I had around 20 rabbits. We just put all the rabbits into a van (with no back seats) in their cages, it did take a couple trips but it worked and no rabbits died.

As far as moving goes it's not much different then selling a rabbit to a new home, it goes from your place into a vehicle to a new place. The only difference with moving an entire rabbitry is they're all going from one place to a vehicle to another place, and they keep the same owner.

hey, I bought out a rabbitry a few years ago-- we met at a specific location, and transferred animals and cages from his vehicle to mine-- granted a small herd, but still- the logistics were interesting... made sure all the travelling was done during cooler part of the day...

When I moved the first time I called my friend with a horse trailer. We had around 45 rabbits, loaded them up in carriers and put them in the bed of the truck and loaded the cages into the trailer.

Back