How much feed/how many head do you have?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millinex

Reaction score
Curious to find out how much feed others are going through compared to me.

Right now I'm at about 47 head of rabbit, and I'm going through around 40lbs of food a week.

Herd comprises of a flemish giant, 6 mini rex, 3 french lops, 10 left in the litter to sell (8 week olds), 10 raise ups (3-5 months each), and the rest breeders 8-12lbs each.

I'm not sure how much EXACTLY I go through, but I do know that I buy four bags on payday and they last until the day before the next payday. So, I get paid every other Friday, and 200lbs lasts me 13 days.

150lbs every 10 days, before I added the extra buns I think I was somewhere in the 40's.

You have french lops? Those sure are hard to find these days!
I currently have 8 adults including the one french lop 7 thirteen week olds and 4 six day olds so a bag of feed last 10 days but that will go down when these older babies are gone.

AmysMacdog":1ij00ts9 said:
You have french lops? Those sure are hard to find these days!
I currently have 8 adults including the one french lop 7 thirteen week olds and 4 six day olds so a bag of feed last 10 days but that will go down when these older babies are gone.
I was told they are french lops. I'm just going with it, but I sell the babies just as "lops", who knows what they are I got them because of the high pet demand.

Hmmm... I have 4 adult buns in the range of 8-10#, 2 juniors (dwarf/mini) in the 3-5# range, and 17 kits ranging from 4.5 to 5.5 weeks old. Before all the kits were eating, I was going through about 25# a month, then, as soon as the kits started eating I was going through 25# in just over a week.

Oh let's see, keep in mind all weights are guesstimates.

Four French Angora adults, one eight pounds nursing a litter if six , the others 11-12 pounds, one pregnant, Two junior FA's, one six month old at around 9-10 pounds and a 4 month old at 7-8 pounds. Four Rex kits at 3ish pounds at 7 weeks, one adult JW at 3 pounds, 3 -4 week old JW's at about a pound, and one pregnant SF/ Harlequin/Rhinelander meat mutt momma at around 11 pounds.

For a total of... 21 rabbits.

I just started buying another bag, so I was going through 50 pounds every two weeks and now with breeding/babies I'll be somewhere near the 75 to 100 pound range every two weeks.

6 adult Silver Fox, 4 weanling, 6 adult Holland lops, 2 adult angoras. As for feed, I bought #100 of oats and #50 of barley in August and we are still going strong.

Latest posts

Back