HOW LONG!?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OwnedByTheBuns

Reaction score
My baby Clarence is just a pretty little tame thing. He is also eager to get to the ladies. Question is, how long until you are sure a rabbit doesn't have P or B? AKA, how long is normal quarantine?

I wanna breed him sooooo BAD! :p

Pasteurella or Bordetella. :) Don't worry, it's not ignorance, it was my laziness to actually write the names. LOL

Most of us on here quarantine for at least 30 days, as SarahMelisse said. We introduce the rabbit to the herd at that point as long as there are no issues or concerns. :)

Thirty days here, as well.

However, there is another consideration to take into account- the calendar. Winter is getting closer. Not saying you aren't prepared for colder weather in regards to your rabbits, but remember that a month after breeding you're going to have newborn kits. Make sure your rabbitry is winter-ready.

Whoever kindles will be coming inside. :D In fact, I just got them all moved out of our laundry room... After they had heat strokes I was paranoid... so yeah, they all came into our teeny tiny laundry room. That was fun.

I have had a litter in Winter, not in a nestbox, and honestly it did fairly well, but I would not like to do that again. Everyone is getting nesting boxes this time around.

I always do 6 weeks. A couple times now I've been just about ready to move a rabbit into the rabbitry, like within a couple days, and right before I've moved them they started to sneeze. The last one had full blown snot. I was thankful they hadn't been moved yet. I just feel a bit more secure with that extra couple weeks.

Latest posts

Back