How do you quarantine?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep new arrivals either indoors or in a separate part of the rabbitry that's set aside for growouts or quarantine. (30 days minimum)

The growout/quarantine area is downwind from the main part of the structure and is separated by a wall. The quarantined rabbits are also kept at least 6 feet away from any other rabbits.

I always feed and care for the existing herd before tending to the quarantined ones.

:yeahthat: Pretty much the same. I have the indoor pet cages that I put them in when they need to be quarantined.

I've got a cage hung in the alleyway of the barn,
away from the main herd.

Be it buck or doe, they'll stay out there for a month or so.
They are the first I see when I go to the barn,
and the last that I feed before calling it a day.

grumpy.

I have an area set up behind the main barn , new rabbits stay there a month, no exceptions! and I make sure to feed them last.

I set up spare cage(s) on the porch before going to buy a rabbit, or if I notice a sick one. The porch is a high traffic area, so walking by the rabbit several times a day not only ensures you will notice if something is "off", but it gets the rabbit familiarized with you quicker...I feed the quarantined one(s) last, and always keep a bottle of hand sanitizer near the cage(s) so that I kill any germs before touching my door handle. I also keep a separate feed and water pail on the porch so I don't bring any possible sickness near my herd's feed bin. Happy quarantining!

Latest posts

Back