How do I know when there might be a problem?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatzNetherlands

Reaction score
I saw Pippen pulling fur and making a nest yesterday, so I made sure everyone left her alone. I checked on her at midnight and on the shelf in her cage was some blood, quite a bit on her feet and she was hopping up on the shelf and having alot of contractions, and then would lay down, hop back down, have more contractions, etc. I checked again around 5am and no kits(I was worried about her having them on the shelf and them falling off) Then I checked on her again(and to feed and water) at 9am, and still no kits...
She is not bleeding anymore, and all the blood on her and in the cage is now dry. I have checked the cage to make sure I didn't miss any but she is still having small contractions....

We are leaving her alone, but I just don't know how long to wait before I should be concerned that she might be having problems...

I don't really know... but sometimes a calcium boost helps. Since she is a tiny bunny, 1/4 of a TUMS calcium antacid may help. The fruit flavoured ones are supposed to be popular with rabbits. Hope someone else with first-hand experience chimes in on this one as I don't have first-hand experience to draw on.

Getting concerned... I have read she shouldn't be bleeding... She is barely bleeding at all right now, only during contractions. Still no kits.

I am worried that something may be wrong. She is trying. I can see her from a spot across the room, she can't see me though, and everyone is leaving her alone. She is still having contractions, so maybe they are just working down... I don't know. Everything I read said it should not take very long at all... but we are going on over 12 hours right now.... :(

Not really either... I did give her a 1/2 a tums... she loved it! She is laying in her box now(I took the shelf out and put a box in. She is still having contractions. The only time I notice any 'pain' is during some contractions, she will 'grunt' and then after a couple like that, she lays down and rests...

She did finally start cleaning her self up though, so... I don't know... I guess we just keep waiting...

Latest posts

Back