How did you find your breeding stock? / Pals, Cremes in WA

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al7neu

Reaction score
Did you find your breeding stock at shows, emailing breed clubs, online searches, craigslist, etc?

Is it considered bad etiquette to bother clubs about these things if you aren't a member?

I live in Vancouver, BC, and my dilemma is that I have a Creme doe that I'd ideally like to breed to another Creme, but I can't find any! I tried one well known breeder in WA but she doesn't sell rabbits anymore, I tried emailing the breed club and they sent me their member list but there's no one near by. And of course even if/when I do find someone, I don't want just any buck. I'm sure there are some around but how do you find them?!?

The big name Cremes seem to be back east and I've entertained flying some into WA and then I could bring them across the border, but that seems like such an ordeal because it's fairly uncommon (I mean, compared to most good dog breeders, who ship often enough that they have the protocol and prices down pat). Has anyone here shipped, and how did it go? I think I'd be shipping from somewhere like Ohio to Washington, would that run about $200?

The breeder I got her from recommended out-crossing to a golden Palomino, and at this point I'm all for it. I thought I'd turn up some nearby Palomino breeders (NW WA area) but I haven't. Ideally I'd like a buck with a leg or more because I'm new to this and I wouldn't know if I was buying a good buck or not otherwise :p

So in summary I'm wondering if anyone knows of where I could get some Cremes in WA or OR, or a nice golden Pal buck in WA (preferably NW WA), and if not, how would I go about finding them?

Expect shipping to be higher, with carrier/shipping/vet certificates the last quote I had was a little over 400.00 flying 4 from CA to WV.

Google and clubs best bet for particular breeds, usually they can point in some direction. The ARBA has a listing as well and if you email them some times they can give an email or name for that area too.

Back