How 3mina and I spent the day

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whipple

Reaction score
Reorganizing cages. They were in a metal shed this winter. We should have just done this in the fall. So this is half done. We reinforced everything ten times and put a temporary tarp roof on before adding the buns. Very proud :)

466387_453050091450475_600137746_o.jpg

462580_453050181450466_1948888008_o.jpg

Very cool! Looks like it will be easy to care for everybun! Love the trees just outside the fence...very pretty. :)

Yes, you both did! Congrats on a job well done. And isn't it nice to have a fellow rabbit fanatic to work with? My best friend is as crazy about rabbits as I am, and has the same breeds that I do, so we interbreed our rabbits and if I have a baby in a color she wants I give it to her and vice versa. We get together and talk color genetics. LOL It really makes the hobby twice as enjoyable I think. :)

Awesome! Nice job!

Did you use hog rings or J clips to attach the cages to one another along the center span?

When I redid my growout cages recently, I did not, and the added weight of the buns caused the cages to separate along the center... so I had to do the job all over again, and apply hog rings to keep them from sagging.

MamaSheepdog":3fo2pkvn said:
Awesome! Nice job!

Did you use hog rings or J clips to attach the cages to one another along the center span?

When I redid my growout cages recently, I did not, and the added weight of the buns caused the cages to separate along the center... so I had to do the job all over again, and apply hog rings to keep them from sagging.
We used quadruple strands of mechanics wire spaced about 8" apart with extra on every intersection of cages. There is wire on the top, bottom, sides and middle with the wire for building chain link fences attaching the cages to the posts (1/2" rebar approx, 6' tall). These ain't goin' anywhere :cool:

Looks awesome! You both accomplished alot. It looks very professional!

Hope you were able to sit and admire your handy work.

Latest posts

Back