How 🐇 To 🐇 Divide 🐇Rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbits by Accident

Reaction score
Okay, me again! I am not good at telling girls from boys haha. I want to divide a long cage into a girls side and a boys side so maybe I can keep them straight - they look too similar LOL Anyway, the only thing I have around is some 1" chicken wire. Is that a bad idea? I think I will double it because that's the size it is and if I fold it it will fit perfectly. They will not stay with the dividers for a long time because they will either be sold or eaten I suppose.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Liz

How are you planning on using the Chicken wire
I merely doubled it and attached it perpendicularly across the cage so it divides the cage into smaller areas. Each side is 32x32. I spread the bottom out on each side of the divider so they can't crawl under it.

I just want two separate cages one for boys and one for girls and I don't happen to have an extra cage right now.

Will work. But the floor will become an issue I believe. It will rust from the poo pee. It may need replacing earlier. But if it's what you have.
If I may suggest. Build the pens. Then take a shot at sexing them into their perspective pens. Then go back through them. You should be able to pick out the differences. And something you need to know as a responsible owner. Not ment to be harsh as we all learn. And your doing it, right

Latest posts

Back