Houseing Rabbits and Chickens in same building

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheasant283

Reaction score
I have an older garage I will be fixing up and moving my rabbits to. I am also thinking of making a chicken coop in part of the garage. There will be a wall seperating the chickens from the rabbits so they wont be intermingling.& the chickens will have access to an outside pen & the rabbits will be housed in cages. I plan to have plenty of ventilation in the building also. Will this be ok? Any possible disseases the two could give each other?

It should be fine as long as chickens can't get on top of the rabbit cages and the ventilation in the building is really good. Chickens make a lot of dust, so if possible locate them downwind of the rabbits. Consider your prevailing winds when deciding who goes where.

It would be good if the chickens could have access to under the rabbits. Chickens are excellent about cleaning up the waste of rabbit food and a lot of rabbit poop. It's amazing how fast my chickens clean up the mess every time I move a cage and give the access to what is under it. It makes me feel good that the food the rabbits drop isn't wasted and I don't have to feed the chickens as much. But yes chickens make a lot of dust and smell you want to protect the rabbits from.

Latest posts

Back